I had the 6 got the plus gonna go back to the 6, is it the right decision?

brookeyydo0o

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
had the 6 got the plus gonna go back to the 6.. help!?

i had the 6 went to the plus think it might be too big, gonna go back to the 6 for pocket reasons and daily use. who has done this? and how did it feel going big to small?

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: had the 6 got the plus gonna go back to the 6.. help!?

I'm actually thinking I want to do the opposite. I love how hand/pocket friendly the 6 is but I think I'd rather have the screen size of the 6+.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I did this exact thing. I bought the 6 on release day. I originally wanted the plus but they didn't have any available. Once I found availability I got the plus. Because I was so used to the 6 I hated the size of it. The same day I returned it to keep my 6. Kept thinking in the back of my head that I didn't give the plus a fair shake. Once I saw availability again, I bought the plus again. This time I absolutely love it. It's a big phone, I just got the Otterbox defender for it and that makes it bigger and even harder to pocket, but I love everything about the size. If I use any other size, like my wife's 5 I feel like I'm holding such a tiny piece of metal.

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

i had the 6 went to the plus think it might be too big, gonna go back to the 6 for pocket reasons and daily use. who has done this? and how did it feel going big to small?

I did this. Got the 6 on launch. After a while I wanted the plus. Our son had an upgrade on his line so I got the plus on his line. Then we swapped iPhone's. He got my 6 and I got his plus. After a week I didn't like the plus. I'm an average size guy and couldn't get used to using the plus with one hand. I'm so used to using my iPhones with one hand. Another reason was the plus was too bulky in my jeans. Thought about getting some kind of holster type combo but I don't like holsters or clips. Also when I tried to use the plus with one hand it always felt like I was going to drop it, didn't feel secure. I'm average size like I said but our son who is 16 is bigger than a average full size male, he's 6'5" and has bigger than average hands so the plus works good for him.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

I did the same. 6+ was neat but uncomfortable with one hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

I did the same. 6+ was neat but uncomfortable with one hand.

Yea don't get me wrong the plus screen is pretty awesome. I stream lots of videos. If I'm not mobile the plus is better than the 6. But for mobility and on the run I prefer the 6.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

After having the Plus for 2 weeks it's getting easier to manipulate one handed. The handling is starting to flow nicely.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Luckily I own both so I just swap SIM cards whenever I feel like using one or the other

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Luckily I own both so I just swap SIM cards whenever I feel like using one or the other

Which one do you use more?

I have a similar setup

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

I ordered the 6 plus and used it for two days before deciding it was too large for my needs, and exchanged it for the 6. I've been using the 6 ever since.

Yabado

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

I personally prefer the iPhone 6. The 6 Plus is a little bit too big.

okanagan.mike

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

I bought the 6 at launch but 10 days ago I got the 6 Plus. At first I thought it was going to be too big, but changing the case from a Spigen Neo Metal to the Apple leather one reduced the size enough that it no longer felt enormous, and it felt nicer in the hand to boot. I have always been a two handed landscape typer so the extra real estate is welcome. My wife was relieved that kept it because she had fallen in love with the 6 and didn't want to go back to the 5S. Best of both worlds for both of us now. I am happy with the size.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

If it's what you'd rather do, then it's not wrong. I've had huge and tiny phones. I prefer smaller phones and a tablet for anything else.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I think the 6 is the perfect size device! The plus is way too big for me it's almost like a mini tablet.

emilyheming

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I would prefer iPhone 6 Plus as it has bigger screen size which helps to read all the kind of documents more clearly. And I don't think that it is necesary to keep your mobile always in pocket. Carrying it along your hand with the benfit of bigger screen for better screen watch is the best way to enjoy your phone features.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I actually like the 6, but the choice is yours. If you feel like the 6 is the device for you, go for it by all means.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I have the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. My primary device is the 6 Plus as I love the larger sized 1080p screen and watching videos on it. My iPhone 6 only gets used once in a while when I really need to carry something smaller around. I would stick with the 6 Plus as it really does get easier to hold once you get used to it. IMHO, I find my 6 Plus just as comfortable to hold as my 6, ymmv.... Good luck with your decision. :)

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I had the 6+ for a couple days before switching back to the 6. My only gripe with the 6+ is the screen resolution looked really crappy. Otherwise it was a great phone. I have the six now and it fits perfect in my hand and the resolution is great.