Zagg HDX or Glass?

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That seems to be a common complaint from people. That's why I went with the HDX.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

I had the HDX on my iPhone 5 and it was just okay for me. It self-heals about 95% of the dings, but not all. There are some that just won't come out and then they discolor the screen somewhat. I always knew they were there and they drove me crazy. I love the glass for its clarity and how smooth it feels. I did the warranty replacement and will keep using glass for now.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd Zagg glass. These things don't seem to be very durable and the one I have on there now needs to be be sent back because it chipped today.

Thinking its time to put the Best Skins Ever screen saver on I've got, or just go with HDX.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd Zagg glass. These things don't seem to be very durable and the one I have on there now needs to be be sent back because it chipped today.

Thinking its time to put the Best Skins Ever screen saver on I've got, or just go with HDX.

I've got my tempered glass screen protector from Verizon and it hasn't failed me yet.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I like glass screen protectors. They feel like the display and not like plastic. IMO plastic gets scratched easier.

Yeah they do for sure. Even my TechArmor screen protector, which I love, has a number of noticeable scratches on it. I feel like a glass protector would be better, but oh well :)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The HDX has been on my 6 for a few days now, and it is pretty nice. I just have a few bubbles on the top part of the HDX, other than that, it's a solid go.

Sent from my iPhone 6

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The HDX has been on my 6 for a few days now, and it is pretty nice. I just have a few bubbles on the top part of the HDX, other than that, it's a solid go.

Sent from my iPhone 6

You shouldn't have bubbles. Try to get them out with the plastic squeegee thing they gave. Otherwise contact for a replacement. At least that's what I would do

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Yea these glass ones are made a little thinner than some. This is my first screen from zagg for any phone I always bought from spigen and iloome

Sent from my Space-G 6 iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You shouldn't have bubbles. Try to get them out with the plastic squeegee thing they gave. Otherwise contact for a replacement. At least that's what I would do

Tried it, it's still there.

It's okay, I'm fine with it for now.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 6

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got my HDX on the recent BOGO and I like it. It sits a bit on the screen like the glass, but not as thick. I think it's a bit thicker than the Media Devil protector I took off to install this. I need to test it with my Olloclip, which is the reason the Media Devil was damaged (learning to put it on with a protector on the phone was a bit dangerous)

I was a bit nervous about it and almost took it off immediately... It had a little (well still has) imperfection, thought it might be a bubble or dust, in it and I used the rubber squeegee on it that came with it but it surprisingly scratched the HDX pretty good and I didn't use heavy pressure. Wrapped it in the cloth to do the rest. The scratches did disappear which was pretty cool.

I tried to remove the dust by lifting the corner and putting tape in there but I don't think it's dust as it won't come out. I can only see it when the screen is off so it doesn't bother me. There's a similar mark at the edge so it's something in the plastic. I know they have a warranty but not worth using it for this as it's not causing me any grief ;)

Stormy Day

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
In my opinion, the Glass is the worst of all 3 of the Zagg products.

1. They chip like mad. I have one on my iPad Air 2 and I have never dropped it and always keep the cover on when I put it away.

2. There is a reduction in screen sensitivity. I have never had any problem with screen sensitivity with the HDX. Or the original Zagg, for that matter. This one? At one point, I took it off so I could prove it was not the iPad. And it wasn't the iPad.

3. Too, too thick. The Glass is a whopping .4mm thick. That is more than double the thickness of the HDX. I found it to be a problem not only with cases, but the Touch ID is much harder to use, sometimes impossible, because the button is now recessed.

4. Massive fingerprints with Glass. I find fingerprints on the HDX, but it's far more visible with Glass because HDX is more matte. (I kind of like the grabbiness of the original Zagg.) The HDX is much smoother, though. And thinner. And self-healing. After about 1 month, the difference between Glass and HDX as far as visual quality is indiscernible.

5. Front-facing camera is covered by Glass?!? Inexcusable.

6. And the WORST OF ALL: GLASS DOES NOT OFFER SHATTER PROTECTION!!!

6. Yes it's clearer. Yes, it's easier to apply. That is it. But yes, it is also more expensive, too.

Bottom line, to me, Glass isn't worth the money and you may actually cost you.

You pay more for Zagg, btw, because you pay for 2 or 3 replacements.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods