Zagg HDX or Glass?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to decide between the 2 as well. Went ahead and ordered the HDX for my iPhone 6 and thankfully caught the Black Friday deal BOGO. Happy!! :)

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to decide between the 2 as well. Went ahead and ordered the HDX for my iPhone 6 and thankfully caught the Black Friday deal BOGO. Happy!! :)

How come at the checkout it doesn't say bogo deal? Does the offer stand for the glass too?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that I'm pretty damn impressed with the HDX protectors. I had the glass on my 6 before trading it for a 6+ and loved it, bought the glass for my wife and stepsons 6 because i liked them so much. After getting my 6+ i tried a couple of different glass protectors (Not Zagg) and they totally sucked. Best Buy had a deal on the Zaggs running and i opted to try the HDX and I'm really impressed, it covers more of the screen than the glass and i think its just as smooth, it doesn't feel rubbery like the original.

IMO, i would give the HDX a 9.5 out of 10 compared to glass.

Last edited:

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
How come at the checkout it doesn't say bogo deal? Does the offer stand for the glass too?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Hmm.. I can't answer that. I placed my order at 8:50am EST and it added a free one to my order at checkout. The website still says Black Friday Sale extended. Maybe contact customer service?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the Zagg Glass on my 5s, so I went with the Zagg Glass for my Air as well.....50% off on Cyber Monday.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Just bought the zagg glass with the new 6 I got today and I like it better than the one I got from Verizon

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

techitrucker

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have an opinion of paying $40 for the invisible shield glass protector versus something much less expensive??

I put a Zagg on my six when I got it and my wife wanted one for her plus because it did such a good job stopping fingerprints. Everyone in my area was out of the Zaggs when here phone arrived so we went with a less expensive one from the mall. The fit and ease of installation where as good as the Zagg but the fingerprint coating on the cheaper one just didn't hold a candle to the Zagg. We ended up switching it as soon as they where available. Just wish they weren't so dang expensive.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the HDX on my 6 Plus. It's clear, smooth and does the job. It covers the flat glass and doesn't go over the curved edges. That works for me since I use cases and I don't want to worry about the screen protector coming up. Bottom line is I like it and probably will stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Teemu2

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Glass for my 6. I dislike how it doesn't reach the ends of the screen. I'm sure it was due to the fall off curves of the screen, but it still disrupts the look of the phone.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Glass for my 6. I dislike how it doesn't reach the ends of the screen. I'm sure it was due to the fall off curves of the screen, but it still disrupts the look of the phone.

Yea I notice it more on my black one than on the white one

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

I put a zagg on mine today and I don't mind it that much that it doesn't reach the end. The two cases I'll be using are defender and Apple leather so both hide the gap nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. It's very obvious on the black front. I got a glass for my wife's white 5S and it's invisible.

That's because the 5S doesn't have the same curved edges of the 6 so screen protectors will go to the edge (though some "case friendly" may leave a small gap it's nothing like the 6)

I ditched the glass in favor of a thinner protector and that makes a world of difference.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The hub and I loved the smoothness and clarity of the Zagg glass on our 6+'s but he had to do a warranty replacement within the first couple of weeks for his due to chips (which turned into cracks) that showed up from regular use (no drops) and I had to replace mine because the right side was lifting off the screen.

All was well again until small chips showed up again on the bottom of his glass about a week later. Again, not dropped. He said he could deal with the tiny chips for a while especially since the glass was lined up perfectly on his screen, lol. ;)

Anyway, last week I noticed a tiny hairline crack in my Zagg glass that went diagonally across the bottom half of my phone. Hard to see so it doesn't bother me too much but It is definitely there and I don't feel it while typing or swiping but I can feel it if I move my fingernail softly over it.

But now there is a tiny chip on the left hand side which has also turned into a crack. And my phone hasn't been dropped.

So we both decided to try the HDX instead of possibly having to switch out the glass every few weeks. I spoke to the Zagg people and they said they would gladly do a warranty replacement for the HDX. So they are sending out HDX shields to us and hopefully these will work better for us. I've heard that the glass is great for drop protection but since I use a lanyard on all my cases, I'm not concerned about drops. Also, the rep said that if we didn't like the HDX, we could switch back to the glass, no problem.

All I have to say is that whether you choose the glass or HDX, Zagg's customer service is exemplary and we are really happy with them. :)

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
484b1025cfd8900839ffb25415ff0594.jpg

My iPad camera isn't good but you can notice the bit of air space around the edges on the black, and I'm on my 2nd glass already since the first one I bought from zagg broke after taking it out of the mail box and very peeling off the backiguess it was the cold air and the way I was holding it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox