Battery Stats getting erased after power cycle.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I usually turn my phone off at night, all of a sudden I am noticing that the battery usage and standby times are deleted from the night before.

d3ea5ae8963dd8845fbba6732d4de270.jpg

It never used to do this before, is this something new? Anyone else finding this?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
From what I can remember...... iOS has always "reset" the battery statistics when you power the phone off and then on again, or restart the springboard (jailbroken).

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
From what I can remember...... iOS has always "reset" the battery statistics when you power the phone off and then on again, or restart the springboard (jailbroken).

Thanks but it didn't for me until recently. It did reset if I did a hard reset but not just power cycle.

I am thinking the change happened with 8.1.1 for me.

It is kind of irritating.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Same here for me. Never noticed if it was this way in any previous version. Not sure if it's a bug. If you feel it is send feedback to Apple.
It could be that keeping these stats could affect battery life just one more thing that would tax the memory. A resource that's not important. I'm just speculating.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Same here for me. Never noticed if it was this way in any previous version. Not sure if it's a bug. If you feel it is send feedback to Apple.
It could be that keeping these stats could affect battery life just one more thing that would tax the memory. A resource that's not important. I'm just speculating.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks, glad to hear it's happening to someone else.

What do you a resource that's not important, it is to a OCD of battery watching person like me. :D

Mods, please move this to the iOS forum, if it
8.1.1, if you think it is more appropriate there Thanks

Last edited:

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me 2 days ago. The problem was the stats did not turn back on- just had those straight lines after them, even if I turned the phone off and on, or did a reset. The only thing that got them to work was plugging into iTunes, Then they would go to 0 minutes and work. If I shut the phone down they went to those straight lines again, like they were stuck.

Called Apple and the senior adviser said he has not heard of this and sent me a diagnostic text message. When it was sent back it showed a problem in the operating system caused by low memory crashes. We restored the phone, trying first to restore from backup, which he did not think would work. Thankfully it did or I would have had to restore it as new.

As the senior adviser pointed out this is not the worst bug, as plugging into iTunes seems to fix it, but it is annoying. I think the upgrade to 8.1.1 had something to do with it. It never did this before, and I do turn the phone off at least once a week.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
As the senior adviser pointed out this is not the worst bug, as plugging into iTunes seems to fix it, but it is annoying. I think the upgrade to 8.1.1 had something to do with it. It never did this before, and I do turn the phone off at least once a week.

Thanks very much. Just to clarify after you did the restore it still loses the stats if you shut it down, correct?

Yes, definitely not the worst bug to have, maybe I just keep my phone on all the time and do a power cycle just before charging it.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks very much. Just to clarify after you did the restore it still loses the stats if you shut it down, correct?

Yes, definitely not the worst bug to have, maybe I just keep my phone on all the time and do a power cycle just before charging it.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Actually it did seem to fix it. I shut the phone off after I did the restore from backup and it came back on with the same stats I had when I shut it down. I just tried it again and the stats were the same as when I shut it down. It does seem to be fixed. Yay!

I am looking forward to the next version update as I don't feel so comfortable on 8.1.1 now.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Actually it did seem to fix it. I shut the phone off after I did the restore from backup and it came back on with the same stats I had when I shut it down. I just tried it again and the stats were the same as when I shut it down. It does seem to be fixed. Yay!

I am looking forward to the next version update as I don't feel so comfortable on 8.1.1 now.

Oh that's good. Did you just plug into iTunes and do a restore from backup or did you wipe your phone first?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks much for your help.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's good. Did you just plug into iTunes and do a restore from backup or did you wipe your phone first?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks much for your help.

I did not wipe the phone.

The adviser had me be sure I had a backup in iTunes. He hoped I had one in iCloud from before I had the problem. I did not. He then had me plug into iTunes and click on restore. When it asked me if I wanted to restore as new or from a backup he had me restore from backup.

It took a lot longer than doing an update and restoring from a backup. My iPhone 6 has 137 apps on it.:) He really did not think this would fix it but it did, at least so far.

Hopefully this answers your questions. If not, feel free to ask and I will try to help.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I did not wipe the phone.
The adviser had me be sure I had a backup in iTunes. He hoped I had one in iCloud from before I had the problem. I did not. He then had me plug into iTunes and click on restore. When it asked me if I wanted to restore as new or from a backup he had me restore from backup.

It took a lot longer than doing an update and restoring from a backup. My iPhone 6 has 137 apps on it.:) He really did not think this would fix it but it did, at least so far.

Hopefully this answers your questions. If not, feel free to ask and I will try to help.

Thanks again for all your help and patience. It sort of worked. Lol

If I turn the phone off for a short period of time, maybe less than 5 mins then the stats stay but if I longer then they vanish.

Not sure if yours does this, but I am not going to worry about it too much. :)

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for all your help and patience. It sort of worked. Lol

If I turn the phone off for a short period of time, maybe less than 5 mins then the stats stay but if I longer then they vanish.

Not sure if yours does this, but I am not going to worry about it too much. :)

I usually turn my phone off and then on, just to clear things out. I am sorry that it doesn't hold on your phone. If you have applecare you could call Apple and do the text message diagnostic to see if it is in the operating system like mine was. As long as it is fixable by plugging into iTunes I am not too worried either- more annoyed that it is a new bug. Hopefully the next upgrade will fix it.

Glad I could help- wish it had been a complete fix. One thing I have noticed since the restore is that my battery life is not quite as good.:( Have you seen that?

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I charged last night so it's too soon to tell the battery life, but I thought it was better by an hour or so when I first got it, two updates back.

Thanks again.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I charged last night so it's too soon to tell the battery life, but I thought it was better by an hour or so when I first got it, two updates back.

Thanks again.

The good thing about having a problem is if you find an answer you can share it. Glad I was able to help!

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
The good thing about having a problem is if you find an answer you can share it. Glad I was able to help!

I believe I may now have a complete fix. :), keeping my fingers crossed.

I backed up my phone, restored it again, and used the last backup to set it up.

After that I did a hard reset and then charged it fully. Then I did another hard reset (which wiped out the battery stats as expected) , then connected it to the charger and got the stats back.

Since then I have turned it off twice for 15 mins each and also turned it off overnight. So far the stats have survived through those, hoping it stays that way, wish me luck please. :)

Thanks.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe I may now have a complete fix. :), keeping my fingers crossed.

I backed up my phone, restored it again, and used the last backup to set it up.

After that I did a hard reset and then charged it fully. Then I did another hard reset (which wiped out the battery stats as expected) , then connected it to the charger and got the stats back.

Since then I have turned it off twice for 15 mins each and also turned it off overnight. So far the stats have survived through those, hoping it stays that way, wish me luck please. :)

Thanks.

Crossing my fingers and wishing you luck! So far mine has been ok, but if it happens again I will definitely try this. Glad to know about it.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I did the update to 8.1.2 and guess what? It's baaack........Turned the phone off and on and had only dashes for statistics. I am not going to redo the phone at this point. Just gonna be aware if I have to turn it off and on will need to replug back to iTunes afterwards to get statistics working again. I am more than annoyed....

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ugh! That's too bad.

I am traveling and wasn't planning to do the update until I get back. Now I may just skip the update anyway.

Thanks

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ugh! That's too bad.

I am traveling and wasn't planning to do the update until I get back. Now I may just skip the update anyway.

Thanks

I tried it again after hooking up toiTunes and the stats held this time. One reason I updated was I thought it was a good idea given this problem with 8.1.1. If you are traveling I would wait for sure to update. I don't think there was much to this update other than the ringtone issue. I was just hoping to refresh the software. Seemed like a good idea at the time.....

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok I am back and decided to upgrade to 8.1.2 anyway.

Sure enough the battery stats vanish if I turn it off :(.

It does come back if I plug into iTunes.

I guess I will just live with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711