Asurion Fail

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It's not entitlement to expect a company to follow through with a service that you pay for. Assurion should have a better plan for these types of situations though. These days, it's becoming more rare for people to have a home phone. It's cheaper to have an additional line on your cell plan than to have a home phone in some cases. I agree though, if having a phone is that important to someone, they should have a backup phone or plan.

Cell phone insurance sucks in general. They have failed me in the past too, which is why I not only have a backup phone, but AppleCare and my phone listed on my homeowners policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are following through but if they don't have the phone you're expecting it isn't their fault. They don't manufacture the phones. They do what they can with what they have available. They will replace the phone once inventory allows.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Get a home phone!! I can't believe the entitlement you people possess. You think it's the company's responsibility to keep you connected when YOU lose your phone or it gets stolen. No. If being connected is that important to you then you should have a back up plan. My phone gets stolen...I've got a back up phone waiting. It's that simple.

Doesn't look like you know what you're talking about...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't look like you know what you're talking about...

I absolutely do. I don't have a home phone, I carry carrier insurance and I have a back up phone for situations like these. I understand that it's not a company's responsibility to provide me anything they don't physically have and can't reasonably get. Things happen. We have the worlds most popular phone at the moment. NOBODY can keep these in stock. Why do you expect your insurance company will be able to. My phone is my life...so it's with that thought that I ensure my own connectivity. I don't rely on anyone.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
They are following through but if they don't have the phone you're expecting it isn't their fault. They don't manufacture the phones. They do what they can with what they have available. They will replace the phone once inventory allows.

I never said they should have the phone in stock. If you look at the beginning of this thread, I also mentioned that the phone in question was in high demand. But it's common for people to only have a cell phone these days. There should be a better backup plan in place. A loaner phone, something. Telling people that they will not have a phone for 7-10 days just doesn't sit well with me.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely do. I don't have a home phone, I carry carrier insurance and I have a back up phone for situations like these. I understand that it's not a company's responsibility to provide me anything they don't physically have and can't reasonably get. Things happen. We have the worlds most popular phone at the moment. NOBODY can keep these in stock. Why do you expect your insurance company will be able to. My phone is my life...so it's with that thought that I ensure my own connectivity. I don't rely on anyone.

I was referring to you calling this "entitlement". While I agree there is a general sense of entitlement in the this county, I don't think this an example of it. If I paid for insurance like the OP, I would expect to get what I paid for. Goodnight

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Damn that sucks they wouldn't give you something to use while i6 comes in . Other options for insurance would be your car insurance company some of them cover smartphones . Also house insurance . Just need to make sure it covers lost /stolen phones . Like square trade is good covers everything but lost/ stolen . Dunno if Apple care covers lost or stolen think just damage to phone

Unfortunately AppleCare doesn't cover lost/stolen iPhones.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Get a home phone!! I can't believe the entitlement you people possess. You think it's the company's responsibility to keep you connected when YOU lose your phone or it gets stolen. No. If being connected is that important to you then you should have a back up plan. My phone gets stolen...I've got a back up phone waiting. It's that simple.

So then in that case, they should give credit to the customer for the days they were without service. The service of a cellular device is paid for to provide mobility and convenience. Not so much so if it's not able to be used for a week or more. That would be a fair trade off I think.

Of course I've always got a back up phone myself but everyone has their own extenuating circumstances.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
If this is a contract sold through the carrier, then the carrier should step up to the plate also. By either helping find the replacement phone, or providing a loner.

iJedi

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Wow. I'm gonna go ahead and say something unpopular that you obviously need to hear. Here goes: Cry about it. Asurion's T&C specifically cover what happens when a device is not in stock. This includes trying to send a comparable device, but it also says that there may be a wait. A loaner phone through the mail is simply not feasible for every customer. Your local carrier store may be able to provide you with a loaner phone, but that is not Asurion's responsibility. You're entitled to your opinion and you're certainly entitled to post it here, but try being realistic. You can't indict a company for doing exactly what their terms & conditions say they'll do just because you didn't take the time to read the literature they sent you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Why I always have a working old phone on hand. I have home phone service, but I don't use it. I could go buy a $10 phone and use it though. Keeping an old phone handy is good insurance. Even if it's just a little flip phone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I'm gonna go ahead and say something unpopular that you obviously need to hear. Here goes: Cry about it. Asurion's T&C specifically cover what happens when a device is not in stock. This includes trying to send a comparable device, but it also says that there may be a wait. A loaner phone through the mail is simply not feasible for every customer. Your local carrier store may be able to provide you with a loaner phone, but that is not Asurion's responsibility. You're entitled to your opinion and you're certainly entitled to post it here, but try being realistic. You can't indict a company for doing exactly what their terms & conditions say they'll do just because you didn't take the time to read the literature they sent you.
You are absolutely correct to a point. I can guaranty at the same time though your local carrier store sales associate painted a wonderful picture of all the benefits you'd receive, but not once was there any mention of the pitfalls, or the hoops one is required to jump through to file a claim. When a consumer is sold a phone & a "protection" plan. It should be made perfectly clear to them the claims process, and what their expectations to should be. NOT left to them to stumble upon the real truth buried in the fine print ...
Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 7.00.23 AM.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You are absolutely correct to a point. I can guaranty at the same time though your local carrier store sales associate painted a wonderful picture of all the benefits you'd receive, but not once was there any mention of the pitfalls, or the hoops one is required to jump through to file a claim. When a consumer is sold a phone & a "protection" plan. It should be made perfectly clear to them the claims process, and what their expectations to should be. NOT left to them to stumble upon the real truth buried in the fine print ...
View attachment 72703
Maybe something like this. Notice how the print is hard to read with that fashionable washed out light gray text? They should make everything readable with info on availability. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417534742.206250.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
On the bright side at least you'll most likely get a new phone instead of a refurb. 7-10 days is a long time with no phone though. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner