Which to-do list app do you use on your iphone and why?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've used a lot of to-dos app, but I must say that Todoist is the way to go. The design is very simple and it looks beautiful. It is also free, and I love their karma system, it keeps me productive.

Jason blodgett1

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I like wunderlist mostly because its cross platform. It will work with whatever device i or my employer choose to use.

I use it for work and personal reminders and like its ability to sort by date, folder or starred items. I can also share reminders with coworkers or spouses.

The biggest complaint i have is that its not beautiful to look at. Its not ugly, but its not beautiful either.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
The more I use Things, the more I like it.

Since I am a to-do app addict, I feel like Things has given my a new iPhone.

Word of caution: if you import your Reminders to Things, your native Reminders will disappear.
Not a problem for me but maybe for those who think this app just mirrors what's on the Reminder app & vice versa.

I'm so happy I don't have to enter a time for items now - all day events is what I like.

Syncs between devices.

Good Luck

Last edited:

madeano

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I use Fantastical and Wunderlist. Though after Things going free I may toy around with it and see which works best for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Just got Clear and I'm really liking it. It "feels" really good if that makes any sense. :) Fast, fluid and simple. I do miss being able to sync to my android device like I could with Wunderlist, though.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys,
I am a proud owner of an iphone 6 :) I want to introduce some semblance of organization in my life and so was looking at some to-do list apps for my iphone. I came across, wunderlist, things (which is free now), any.do and todoist. Would you guys please tell me which to-do list app you use and why, so that i can make an informed decision? If there is any other app you use besides the ones i mentioned, please let me know. Thanks :)

This is going to come down to a matter of personal preference. I've used a significant number of task/todo list apps, and nothing has struck me as the end-all-be-all of task management.

OmniFocus is a wonderful (and expensive) system if you are all iOS/Mac. The lack of Windows and web (natively) kind of kills it for me as a total package, though. I still use it for home projects and things that I want to keep out of my work system. I also wish we could tag or assign multiple contexts to tasks, but it doesn't seem like that will ever happen. If you have a Mac/iOS only setup, it might be worth investigating. It is expensive if you get all components, though (iPhone, iPad, Mac).

I'm trying Todoist out at the moment (only on day 2, so still a ways to go to see if it will work in my cross-platform work world). It has some project type support, tags (labels), and it has an Outlook plugin which is becoming increasingly more mandatory as I have projects that are heavy on the email.

I've tried Reminders with iCloud, but it always seemed to be lacking. Grouping things in a project required setting up multiple lists, and I never could just get it to work well for me in anything other than something akin to honeydo lists. I need tags and at least a rudimentary project level grouping.

I use Clear for shopping lists. It is easiest for me to "check things off" the list as I wander the aisles.

I've also looked at Remember the Milk (I like the search/filter of this product, but setting up project based lists, etc., can be a little cumbersome), ToodleDo (the native web app has a terrible UI, but it's there and this integrates with a lot of 3rd party apps), Wunderlist (very simple, but I didn't really fall in love with any part of it), PocketInformant (it can integrate with ToodleDo or its own PISync). I downloaded Things this week during its promotional deal and will look at it, but since it's a Mac/iOS only solution, too, I don't think I'll use it extensively. It may replace OmniFocus (which really is overkill for my personal needs), but we'll see.

Last edited:

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I used Wunderlist for awhile but when Things went free I jumped on it. Also using it on my Mac. Best decision IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use Fantastical which connects to the built in reminders but allows native text input. When I use Siri it pulls into Fantastical.

For a shared list of to do (but mostly to share a grocery list) we use AnyList.

I also have Clear and redownloaded it to donate the $2 to (RED) so will give that a shot as well but depends on whether I can use Siri to update it.

I also downloaded Orderly and Things... Looking for the "perfect" app (for me) can be tough and I may already have it.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I used to use Reminders but it just didn't provide the function I was looking for. I switched to Wunderlist and am very happy with it. It syncs perfectly between all my devices, including the desktop app on my Windows PC from work.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2