Clicking sound on Touch ID

bfarr9311

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone I know that this is a common issue and there are undoubtedly other threads about this on here but the Touch ID button produces a tiny click whenever I slightly press on it. This press is not hard enough for the home function to be activated but is more than enough for the two-tap pull down. This seems to be a recurring issue with all the Touch ID phones as my girlfriends 5S also does it. Does anyone know if there is a solution for this problem or if it is inherent with the design of the phone. Any advice would be appreciated.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine doesn't do it, nor has any Touch ID iPhone I've used do that. There have been some threads on here about the overly clicky home button or double-clicking problem, but it doesn't affect functionality. If it bothers you, I would take it back and get a replacement, they should give uou a new one :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Does it sound like a small cracking sound? This happens on Touch ID devices when they get a little warm. From what I've heard, it has something to do with the glue around the interior of the button. It happened on my 5S a lot and I get it on my 6 Plus when it gets a little warm.

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I had that issue with my 6 and the sound was extremely "clicky" after a month of use it almost feels broken in now. It doesnt click as much and that issues with it moving when i lightly touch it stopped too.

bfarr9311

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. The sound seems to be touch and go on the devices but has an over prevalence of happening on the devices with use. Doesnt bother me too much so I guess the best I can do is live with it

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My 6+ home button started doing this a couple of weeks ago. Last week I made a genius bar appt and they day I was suppose to go in, it stopped. It hasn't done it since. So it did it for about 10 days and just fixed itself on its own.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Some of the iDevices have a clicking sound on TouchID, but I suspect it's just the way manufacturing is different for each one and the also the fact that the electronics under the TouchID panel would be tight and cause clicking sounds when pressurized.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Mine did that and I used a bit of rubbing ancho on my finger and "cleaned" it. No more double clicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk