Which method to update OS usually?

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't know but last I heard that the best and safer way is to update to a newer OS is by using the iTunes rather than OTA. Is this true and why is that? Anyone cares to explain more please?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know but last I heard that the best and safer way is to update to a newer OS is by using the iTunes rather than OTA. Is this true and why is that? Anyone cares to explain more please?

I was curious about this as well, so I called Apple Tech. It was explained to me that when updating from a whole number to another whole number it's better to update via iTunes, but when going from a decimal point to another it reall doesn't matter. Just make sure there is a strong WiFi signal if doing the update via OTA. I've always done ALL of my updates via OTA (NEVER had any problems), but the next whole number update I plan on doing it via iTunes.

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I just got the phone now and it is running on the stock 8.0 version that it came. Since I will be upgrading to 8.1.1 which would be a major upgrade, shall I do it via iTunes in this case then? Do you recommend so?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2