Is there a better keyboard than the stock keyboard on iPhone 6?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How's the update?

Works great. More stable and has the diverse emoji and the Vulcan salute. I care more about the Vulcan salute than changing skin tone. Always been a Trekkie. But it doesn't work on a lot of forums. It does here and other MobileNations forums. But not others on TapaTalk. Works OK on messages, email, Facebook and everywhere else. And it's not just SwiftKey or 3rd party keyboards. The Vulcan salute doesn't work from in shortcuts either on forums. Odd. 🖖🖖🏽Works here. Someone was saying they had trouble with some emoji on the stock keyboard as well. I think it's an emoji problem, regardless of where it comes from. But SwiftKey is nice. It's smarter than the stock keyboard. It learns faster with fewer autocorrect issues.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm back on stock now. Swiftkey not showing up in the messages app irks the hell out of me

That doesn't happen enough to bother me. I just swipe it out of the multitasking tray and the keyboard shows up. It happens with all 3rd party keyboards. I think it's something Apple needs to fix. But for me, the benefits of SwiftKey still outweigh the frustration with the stock keyboard.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm back on stock now. Swiftkey not showing up in the messages app irks the hell out of me

I like SwiftKey but even after the updates still the messages app issue. It will work for a while then it won't show up.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like SwiftKey but even after the updates still the messages app issue. It will work for a while then it won't show up.

I hope all the iOS 9 stability stuff will fix the 3rd party keyboards messages app issues. It's not a deal breaker with me. I hate the stock keyboard. It gives me 10 times the problems of SwiftKey.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It would be cool if the stock keyboard offered different themes like a dark and a few colors. Not a big deal though.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I for one would love a dark one. Esp in the space gray...

Yea SG would be cool. They could follow colors of the phones. The stock is basically white already a gold hued one would be cool for those with a gold phone.
I'll send feedback back to Apple. Ya never know.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The stock keyboard is very good if you turn off "prediction" You guys should try it and you still get spellcheck.

I like the predictive words. It's autocorrect that I have issues with. It keeps popping up email addresses when I don't want them. I've redone my shortcuts and reset the keyboard dictionary. Still get email addresses.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've tried several 3rd party keyboards. Flesky was alright, Swift was okay however I use dictation time to time so I always go back to Stock and yes I've had issues with 3rd party keyboards. I hope iOS9 will fix those issues

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Had to uninstall Swiftkey as it failed me on a critical moment. Got only blank white square where the keyboard should have been. Even closing the window from multitasking tray didn't fix it. And I was in a hurry. So I took my time and uninstalled it right after. Now learning to type again without swipe😄
Should they fix the crash problem in future, I will probably go back to Swiftkey.