Is there a better keyboard than the stock keyboard on iPhone 6?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I looked up Swiftly but the reviews are terrible. I'm looking for punctuation and numbers without having to switch keypads while I type.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Stock is the best. I use Swype now it's buggy but I can deal with it, think I'm going to give swiftkey a try again.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I like the customization of TouchPal keyboard, but seem to always revert back to the Apple stock keyboard.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Speedygi, I have it on my iPad 3 also but it will only let me type one key at at a time. It won't let me slide over the keys to fast type, just one dang key at a time. I have "allow full access" on but still doesn't work the way it should. Doesn't work like Swype does, only like Apple stock keyboard. BUMMER

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I found this in SwiftKey keyboard forum,

"Flow or gesture typing does not work on iPads. We are currently only on version 1 of the iOS app. More features will be coming soon."

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I found this in SwiftKey keyboard forum,

"Flow or gesture typing does not work on iPads. We are currently only on version 1 of the iOS app. More features will be coming soon."

Maybe it will be introduced in future updates, but at least I like that the text predictions in SwiftKey are still there and working really well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey works well for me. The problem I have is tapping the globe by mistake and causing the keyboard to change in mid sentence. I like the idea of the "long press" on the globe to switch keyboards. That would eliminate the accidental touching and switching. With SwiftKey, I don't even need to use my shortcuts. It's the smartest keyboard I've tried.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Oh, sorry. Was looking for answer for Swiftkey Keyboard for use on iPad 3. Doesn't work on iPad 3. I use it on my iPhone 6 and it's great

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Maybe it will be introduced in future updates, but at least I like that the text predictions in SwiftKey are still there and working really well.

This is my only envy when it comes to sticking with the stock keyboard. Predictions work better on SwiftKey from what I tested.

makie

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This is my only envy when it comes to sticking with the stock keyboard. Predictions work better on SwiftKey from what I tested.

As a long time android user ( been on every OS actually) I actually hardly ever used a 3rd party keyboard. It kinda creeps me out that all 3rd party keyboard can/will track what you type. I'm not saying they will abuse it, but I do not like these kind of "agreements".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods