Teeny tiny scratch on my Zagg glass screen shield

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Barely noticeable but it's there. I see it when the screen goes black. I'm so OCD that now I want to change it.

I'm so happy I decided to put that glass shield on. It could that been My Precious' screen that would have had a blemish.

Is anyone else seeing a scratch on the glass screen shield?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My Wife has a scratch on her Zagg Glass as well from a drop. Better on the Zagg Glass than the actual screen...SMILE

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Ask for a replacement. All you pay is shipping, send old one back...

It can still scratch if the right material hits it.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I never got a scratch like that with a Zagg glass screen with my 5S. With my 6, I cheaped out and got a Luvvitt glass screen and i have a few micro scratches that I can only see when the screen is off. It doesn't bother me as long as it's not on my actual screen. I couldn't even begin to tell you how the scratches got there since I am super careful with my devices. Oh well.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh I can't claim that!!!!!. The Best Buy guys did it.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I did a warranty replacement last year on a 5S Zagg. Just have to send the old one back to Zagg. You have to register with their site first.

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a Zagg Glass on my 5S for several months and didn't have a scratch on it but this Zagg Glass on my 6 has a ton of scratches after just a couple of months and I am WAY more careful with it than I ever was with the 5S. I know I can just get a new one but its still annoying that this one hasn't held up nearly as good.

sixxdv22

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
you do have 2 options....
1-If you are within 15 days of best buy installing it you can take it back to them and they can redo it....i did that with mine...it looked great at first but when i would go to a screen with most white in the background or if i turned my screen off you could see tons of hairs so they replaced it for free
2-Normally in every mall there is a Zagg kiosk and they might charge you like 10 bucks you can do the warranty through them instead of sending it in!

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I also have gotten a deep scratch on my glass Zagg SP, and a chip on side of it as well. I only had it on a day before my Basset hound knocked it into my recliner internals, springs etc. It was aggravating but I sure was glad it was the screen protector and not my actual screen.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I guarantee you the actual screen wouldn't have gotten that scratch.

True story - I had a Spigen Glas TR on my iPhone 5 for around 6 months that was full of scratches (even though you can watch YouTube videos of people taking knives & keys to the protector with no apparent damage). After an Apple store replacement of the iPhone I elected not to replace the screen protector. Fast forward a 1 1/2 years later when I sold my iPhone 5, not one scratch to be found on the screen ...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
True story - I had a Spigen Glas TR on my iPhone 5 for around 6 months that was full of scratches (even though you can watch YouTube videos of people taking knives & keys to the protector with no apparent damage). After an Apple store replacement of the iPhone I elected not to replace the screen protector. Fast forward a 1 1/2 years later when I sold my iPhone 5, not one scratch to be found on the screen ...

All those ugly screen "protectors" are much more prone to scratches than the screen itself. All just a marketing thing to make people believe that if you scratched the screen protector that easily, imagine what it would have done to your screen without it. Those are the ugliest things to put on your phone aside from really ugly cases. You just ruin the crispness of what is a great screen.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a Zagg Glass on my 5S for several months and didn't have a scratch on it but this Zagg Glass on my 6 has a ton of scratches after just a couple of months and I am WAY more careful with it than I ever was with the 5S. I know I can just get a new one but its still annoying that this one hasn't held up nearly as good.

In truth and can barely see the scratch. It's not visible at all when the screen is on.