Drop calls on T-Mobile network

La Trotter

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have been having a lot of drop calls on my iPhone 6 and I call T-Mobile support and they told me that it's an apple software issue and that it was suppose to be fix in this last update. She said that its a trend that they are still seeing. I'm in Dallas Tx any else experiencing this issue or do I have a jack up?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. What iOS version are you running on your iPhone 6? You can check by going to Settings - General - About and then scroll down to "Version".
2. You can try going to Settings - General - Network and then select "Reset Network Settings"
3. If you using a backup from a previous device on your iPhone 6, you may want to restore it, and then set it up as a new device.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Having problems here in Virginia. My daughters 5s is not having issues but I drop calls in my house not moving. New SIM card didn't help.

seangprice

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Although I love my iPhone the Network issues are on Apples end not T-Mobile. There isn't a day or area that I live/commute around that I don't experience dropped calls and lost signal issues, area where my other phones, LG G3 and 925 do not experience any issues. I noticed this last year when they released the 5s and again with the 6. There isn't a trick in the book that seems to fix the problem. I've even gone as far as replacing the phone.

Try replacing the phone but I truly believe there is a software issue on the IOS side.

La Trotter

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have replace this iPhone 6 three times and still having the issues with drop calls text messaging lagging just not a good experience with this iPhone 6 on T-Mobile net

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have replace this iPhone 6 three times and still having the issues with drop calls text messaging lagging just not a good experience with this iPhone 6 on T-Mobile net

Maybe try a different carrier? Also for the lagging issue, if you restored from a backup, that may be causing problems. You might want to try a fresh restore.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe try a different carrier? Also for the lagging issue, if you restored from a backup, that may be causing problems. You might want to try a fresh restore.

You would have thought this would have been one of the first thoughts the OP had...before returning the device...THREE times.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Is there a reason why you have the other thread about the same exact issue going and just decided to bring this one randomly back to life?

La Trotter

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought this to life to ask about other devices not the iPhone itself. I did a fresh restore from iTunes and master reset the device. My drops callas is happen everywhere not just on my home area

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It's a valid question. Go under settings then cellular and make sure LTE is in data only. iPhone is not good at switching off LTE calls and they drop instead of going down to 3G.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's a valid question. Go under settings then cellular and make sure LTE is in data only. iPhone is not good at switching off LTE calls and they drop instead of going down to 3G.

It was a valid question...one that she had an entirely other thread started about that was 2-3 pages long, but had spiraled down into answers she didn't want to hear because for some reason, she felt replacing the hardware over and over again would, some how, fix a network issue.

The last part of your post was a little strange to me though...the part where you said the iPhone was not good at transitioning from LTE to 3G during calls. Strange because VoLTE (which is available in the city that the OP said she resides in) is a brand new network feature, and one where transition is purely dependent on the carriers degradation of their own 3G service to introduce voice over LTE (which all of them did in order to start pushing this feature over more coverage area).

Where are you sourcing this info about the iPhone being unsuccessful at making the transition and simply dropping calls? As far as I've read (which is a pretty common thing honestly), there have been no wide reports of the iPhone, or ANY smart phones for that matter, having a particularly hard time making the transition, and that the issues observed in transitioning VoLTE to normal cellular calling have been purely focused on the carriers network boundaries for each service.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It was a valid question...one that she had an entirely other thread started about that was 2-3 pages long, but had spiraled down into answers she didn't want to hear because for some reason, she felt replacing the hardware over and over again would, some how, fix a network issue.

The last part of your post was a little strange to me though...the part where you said the iPhone was not good at transitioning from LTE to 3G during calls. Strange because VoLTE (which is available in the city that the OP said she resides in) is a brand new network feature, and one where transition is purely dependent on the carriers degradation of their own 3G service to introduce voice over LTE (which all of them did in order to start pushing this feature over more coverage area).

Where are you sourcing this info about the iPhone being unsuccessful at making the transition and simply dropping calls? As far as I've read (which is a pretty common thing honestly), there have been no wide reports of the iPhone, or ANY smart phones for that matter, having a particularly hard time making the transition, and that the issues observed in transitioning VoLTE to normal cellular calling have been purely focused on the carriers network boundaries for each service.

My reply is purely my opinion based on owning a note 4, lg G3 and iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 is the only one that drops calls. I got all 3 on and here in my area it'll drop calls every time going across the tunnel until I turn off the LTE voice.

La Trotter

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Actually at this minute all of the carriers in my area is experiencing issue with the VOLTE that my friend came from a Technician from Apple and yes the LTE is set to data. To clear the air I didn't choose to replace the device Tmobile and apple technical person choose to replace the phone three times not me.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been having a lot of dropped calls as well (since last post). T-Mobile is saying that this issue is something Apple has to fix on their end.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been having a lot of dropped calls as well (since last post). T-Mobile is saying that this issue is something Apple has to fix on their end.
Of course they are... Carriers always blame phones to deflect taking responsibility for issues that are really theirs.