Otterbox defender case for iPhone 6

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
what don't you trust? All 4 sides and the back are protected and you said you have a glass screen shield. So you are covered on all sides :)

Leslie Hatcher

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
It just feels so thin. And I get tired of looking at the same cases all the time. I am a phone junkie. 6 phones in the last year. Tons of cases. I love technology!!!

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
If you like to feel that full protection otter boxdefender is awesome. They are making them thinner now than they used to be but they still give you the piece of mind. I use one and I love it. I also have a uag and symmetry for days I want to go sleek

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I bought two different Defender Cases today and on both of them, if you shake it even just a little you can hear the phone move inside the case. Ive never seen this before from OtterBox, maybe i have 2 bad cases.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
IMO you should try the Otterbox Defender case and see if it works for you. Some people like the Otterbox Defender case but I was not satisfied with the quality of the one I purchased. I returned it for a refund.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You can send it back they are great with there warranty. Mine is sold as a rock no movement at all.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i bought one on launch, had it for less then month. Cover was scratched like nothing ive ever seen, also had movement inside as previous person posted, and covers over the charging and headphone spot started to rip off, had it exchanged. Not only do they send you refurbished parts now, its parts they send you. Had refile insurance claim for the innershell. ONCE again scratched up and the rubber this time has tore on the the top and is getting worse have another exchange coming. This is worst case ever from them hate it. Im waiting on my Amzer Crusta to come.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
i bought one on launch, had it for less then month. Cover was scratched like nothing ive ever seen, also had movement inside as previous person posted, and covers over the charging and headphone spot started to rip off, had it exchanged. Not only do they send you refurbished parts now, its parts they send you. Had refile insurance claim for the innershell. ONCE again scratched up and the rubber this time has tore on the the top and is getting worse have another exchange coming. This is worst case ever from them hate it. Im waiting on my Amzer Crusta to come.

Sounds like you should be thanking your case.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I bought two different Defender Cases today and on both of them, if you shake it even just a little you can hear the phone move inside the case. Ive never seen this before from OtterBox, maybe i have 2 bad cases.

I have this exact same problem as well. I as well have never seen this from Otterbox before. I actually dont use mine now .....just sitting in the drawer for now

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanking for what ?

I have two defenders for the 6 and both have been through relatively rough conditions and both are still great. So yours probably saved your phones from a lot of physical damage. By the sounds of the screen protector it did its job

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have this exact same problem as well. I as well have never seen this from Otterbox before. I actually dont use mine now .....just sitting in the drawer for now

Mine did it too until I fixed it. Every defender case I've owned (for multiple phones) I've had to modify in some way. Either by taking the screen protector out because it just plain sucks or making it fit tighter.

Bottom line, regular blue painters tape is your friend. Cut tiny strips and place around inside the edges of the plastic shell of the case as needed to make the phone fit tighter. I've also done this to make the two pieces of the plastic shell feel more solid because they sometimes can move separately from one another and make the case feel loose.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I have two defenders for the 6 and both have been through relatively rough conditions and both are still great. So yours probably saved your phones from a lot of physical damage. By the sounds of the screen protector it did its job

I'm pretty sure my finger would not have caused damaged I don't recall saying over ever dropped it, it's never been dropped its carried in my other pants pocket so nothing is with it my phone would never had any damage cus it's never been thru any abuse, only reason i buy defenders is that just in case scenario and to add thickness so I would never have worry about bending.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure my finger would not have caused damaged I don't recall saying over ever dropped it, it's never been dropped its carried in my other pants pocket so nothing is with it my phone would never had any damage cus it's never been thru any abuse, only reason i buy defenders is that just in case scenario and to add thickness so I would never have worry about bending.

Yeah cool... Maybe you have a severe badly designed defender.... I never meant an insult just all the defenders I have had have been very well built

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah cool... Maybe you have a severe badly designed defender.... I never meant an insult just all the defenders I have had have been very well built

i didnt take it as a insult, If you scavenge the internet looking various forums reviews youtube video etc, theres LOADS of complaints people have made, Even the store got mine from said that they have been known to scratch phones. That was the verizon store. It really just depends on your view of meaning damage is, as well as your ocd level and how much you really look into it. My only point was just because you had good luck doesnt mean the item is flawless. Otterbox is from what i heard from customer service re designing it because of flaws reported. Thats all was intending didnt take it as insult or nothing :) I should have also mention when it comes things like this I do have a OCD problem. But looking around online seen plenty of negative reviews comments and complaints.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2