Apple Care

TCfromKY

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
If you're like me and have Apple Care do you think it's still a good idea to encase your iPhone 6? I love the look and feel of my iPhone without a case but with the new sleek look comes slick sides and the possibility of an accidental drop. If that happens and my iPhone is not encased and the drop results in a cracked screen, I'm wondering if it will be repaired as part of my Apple Care plan.

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Great question. I always get AppleCare. I have had 1 iPhone and 1 MacBook Air replaced because of it.
I did consider getting a "SquareTrade"plan !

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can use apple care for any damage other than theft for your phone repairs.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If you're like me and have Apple Care do you think it's still a good idea to encase your iPhone 6? I love the look and feel of my iPhone without a case but with the new sleek look comes slick sides and the possibility of an accidental drop. If that happens and my iPhone is not encased and the drop results in a cracked screen, I'm wondering if it will be repaired as part of my Apple Care plan.

Just to be clear: The extended coverage from Apple that covers everything but loss or theft is AppleCare Plus. The basic 1 year warranty is referred to by Apple and others as AppleCare. It can be confusing. Especially since there is no AppleCare Plus for Macs. (In the Mac world, the extended coverage is called AppleCare.)

TCfromKY

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I was told I have 2 year coverage. And thanks for the input. I'm using a case, albeit one that doesn't provide much protection should I drop my phone. I sacrifice that for a minimalist case that doesn't hide the beauty of my iPhone 6. But I'm still considering an Otter Box. 😊

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I was told I have 2 year coverage. And thanks for the input. I'm using a case, albeit one that doesn't provide much protection should I drop my phone. I sacrifice that for a minimalist case that doesn't hide the beauty of my iPhone 6. But I'm still considering an Otter Box. 

You can verify/check your device coverage, use this site - just enter your device serial and see when your coverage ends:
https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
AppleCare+ or not, I don't ever use a case unless I really need it in a situation where I know it's better to have a case on it. Like when I go to the gym or something.

My iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are great pieces of hardware that I don't want to cover up with a case.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I bought Apple Care + for the iPhone 6s I bought. I also made sure the 3 iPhones have cases on them. I look at it this way it's better to be safe. I also worry that if I didn't use a case the backs will get scratched like my iPhone 3G did. My work truck at that time didn't have a phone mount in it and I sat the iP 3G in the console top and by the time I was ready to upgrade the back looked like it was attacked by sand paper.

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
A cracked screen apple should be able to replace, but scratches or dents are not covered by apples protection plan. I had this question myself, and decided to read the terms and conditions of the protection plan and found that dents, scratches and the like are not covered.

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
AppleCare+ or not, I don't ever use a case unless I really need it in a situation where I know it's better to have a case on it. Like when I go to the gym or something.

My iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are great pieces of hardware that I don't want to cover up with a case.

I was with you until my phone fell off my bed and ended up with a couple of nice dings in the metal.

After I composed myself, I stubbornly ordered a case.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
A cracked screen apple should be able to replace, but scratches or dents are not covered by apples protection plan. I had this question myself, and decided to read the terms and conditions of the protection plan and found that dents, scratches and the like are not covered.

Technically, it is true that "cosmetic" stuff is not covered. In my experience, however, the Genius Bar employees have the leeway to make the swap. If they do swap it out, it will burn one of your two "repairs" under the coverage, however.

ljpuk

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I've got Apple care + and at ?35 for an Apple case I think at ?50 I can get a replacement if it breaks so no case for me.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I purchased AC+ for my iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. I still keep a thin clear case and glass screen protector on both of them anyway. I like to keep my phones looking like they just came out of the box months after I've had them.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

TCfromKY

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm still considering an Otter Box, although I know it'll hide the beauty of my sexy iPhone 6 (are guys allowed to say stuff like that?). Here's what my 6 is wearing now:
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1415977539.605061.jpg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have AppleCare+, Carrier Insurance, a Speck Candyshell, Screen Protector and a padded fabric pouch. I do all I can to protect my phones. No need for any added risk.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner