Phone as hotspot - status or notification

Murphy5111

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Am I missing something? The other day my phone was draining it's battery faster than normal and I couldn't figure out why. I just so happened to go to use as a hotshot and realized it was already on (I had used it a day or two before and hadn't turned it off). Shouldn't there be some kind of icon in the status bar at the top? Is there a place where I can make that suggestion? Thanks.

mitc5502

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
If another device is connected, the status bar will turn blue and indicate how many devices are connected, and you can't miss it (or dismiss it, for that matter). Battery drain should be practically unnoticeable if hotspot is enabled and no devices are connected.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Now that Battery Usage data is finally available in iOS, checking in General\Usage\Battery Usage will help highlight which app(s) are eating up battery. I use Personal Hotspot occasionally, and for the time I used it yesterday evening it consumed 19% in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven (7) days, its used 10%.

The utilization % values are going to be different depending upon factors like cell signal strength, tethered device WiFi attributes, and how much internet access usage is occurring on the tethered device.

Cockroach 2016

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
The notification of connected devices in the status bar has changed. Since upgrading to 7.1.2, this notification is no longer shown. So you must check your hotspot connections via another means. I wish that had not been changed. Unless there is a control setting to turn that notification on/off, but I don't see any such notification control.

Cockroach

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2