Old iCloud Backup Deletion Help

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I recently upgraded to the iPhone 6. I set the phone up as new. However, my old iPhone (5) is still backed up in the cloud and when I try to delete it I am unable to. It says this backup cannot be deleted because it is in use. It is basically taking 2 gb of my cloud space for no reason.

Has anyone come across this and figured out a way to solve it? The phone that the backup is from has been erased, reset and sold.

I am stuck as to what to do.

Thanks for any help that is provided

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you try removing it from find my iPhone or is it still showing in there?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
It does show in my devices in my iCloud Settings, but I do not see an option to remove devices from iCloud Settings either.

rapha194

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a doubt.
If I buy the iPhone 6 and restore as new, as I have to recover my settings thousands of words on my keyboard?

I've been adjusting and adding words from the iphone 5 and have many words, abbreviations, accents etc etc.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You should see an option in iCloud to lock wipe or remove it. That's weird.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You should when you login to iCloud dot com yes. If your phone, tablet or Mac gets lost or stolen that's where you would go to lock it or wipe it.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
thats for the support everyone. I tried again to delete the backup this AM and it worked. Very strange but i'll take it since now thats a lot of space cleared on my iCloud. The only issue I am having now is that old devices are still showing on my iCloud.com and theres no options to delete them. I know they are wiped and restored as they have all been sold but its still strange how I am unable to delete them

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Give me a few I have an old i5 I'm gonna wipe and remove let me see how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2