If you could install Android on your iPhone 6, would you?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It amazes me how so many like to squabble about the smartphones. This one's better than that one. That one stinks. This one is great. Etc. I recall the days of driving around looking for a pay phone. There were no smartphones. No flip phones. Just landlines and pay phones. So I look at what is available today, and guess what? They're all wonderful. The iPhones, the Androids, Windows, even the (cough) Black (cough) berry (cough). I mean they are! If any of the current phones of today had been introduced 20 years ago, everyone would have ate it up, regardless of which one. And folks want to bicker about which is best. SMH!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

That's true Led. No best just preference.

Sent from one of my 's

MadMikeD

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I would definitely install android on my iPhone 6. I would love to have a dual boot phone! I just like different experiences and both offer me different things that i like.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
To me, an iPhone running Android isn't the best of both worlds.

An iPhone running iOS is the best of both worlds: Best hardware, best software. Boom!

I already have everything I need.

anon(8708013)

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
No need to install Android on it. In my opinion it would ruin the device, so why bother? I constantly am troubleshooting my wife's Nexus 5 running Lollipop. I hardly ever have to troubleshoot my iPhone 6. It really just works!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Four months later, I still would not. Though I've been poo-pooed for thinking it's a bad idea, I still think it's a bad idea. IMO, totally unnecessary.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I use iOS for the apps, so using android on the iPhone would defeat the purpose. I like android for its particular strengths, but the quality of apps in the play store is not one of those strengths.

Remy De Leeuw

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
iOS and The iPhone hardware are made for each other. So why installing software that isn't designed to work with the hardware.

Sent from my spacey grey 6 

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Coming from owning an iPhone from the original, and switching back and forth from many of the Nexus devices (Nexus S, Nexus 4, Nexus 5) and seeing the best of vanilla Android, I have to say that I find iOS to be superior in terms of both performance and overall aesthetic quality. The apps are better on iOS, and your phone doesn't randomly stutter or slow over time. Further, I'm pretty heavily invested into the Apple ecosystem to begin with, having a MacBook Pro and an Apple TV. No chance would I trade iOS for Android (even though it would play nicer with my Chromecast).

SPS828

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I hate Android not because of the UI or anything like that but my problem is that the OEM is in control of software updates. e.g The OnePlus One is still on 4.4.4 even though back in 2014 they said Lollipop would be available in January. So I would never install it on my iPhone but I would install Windows Phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swepulse

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Would be fun if I could dual-boot a vanilla ROM and iOS. If I could I wouldn't mind being able to add W10 as well. I like iOS but am fairly platform agnostic, would be nice to try the competition out if I'm ever bored at home.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2