If you could install Android on your iPhone 6, would you?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No way. I was helping a technically challenged friend with her new droid turbo and it only took around 20 seconds to remember all the things I hated about the android os

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If you could.

I would have to say nope. As much as I luv the customization of Android, the Apple iOS beats it in every other way for the way I use my devices.

Last edited:

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I run an iPhone Is the iOS.... Yes the phone is nice too but if the android phones ran iOS I'd be more likely to try that

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
No. I've had tons of Android phones and I haven't been happy with any of them in the long term. Not to mention, the iPhone 6's hardware wouldn't get too far running Android as it's a huge power and graphics hog and requires three times the RAM as iOS to run not quite as well, so it's just not efficient enough for me. I understand people who use both, but I've never really had the desire to use both simultaneously.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
No - why would I want to install a junk engine in my beautiful designed Ferrari with an awesome factory-installed engine?

Guy if I could afford a Ferrari I could afford to open it up and do all sorts of modifications

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Would I try it? Absolutely just out of curiosity. But I'm almost certain that I'd go back to ios after tinkering around. I wouldn't keep it for more than a couple of days.

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Although I love android to death, I wouldn't install android on my iPhone. The hardware on an iPhone is specifically tailored to iOS, if I were to use android, I would want more memory and a stronger processor.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you could install Android on your iP6 and have all the functionality of the Apple Hardware would you give it a try? Wouldn?t that be like having the best of both worlds. I know it would never happen, but just a thought.

Ok already I get it ?like having the best of both worlds ? bad choice of words this was not meant to be about iOS vs. Android. It was meant to be about trying an alternate OS on my Apple hardware. I like to experiment with things, how stupid of me to use Android as the OS of choice.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

No, I would not. I like iOS as-is....:)

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No, I would never do such a thing. If I wanted android, I would buy a device that runs android's os.

If stuck with an android phone, would I install iOS 8 if possible? Absolutely!! Because, to me...android's operating system isn't great.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't install it, and this is coming from an Android guy. :) Sure, the tinkerer in me would be curious about shoehorning Android's OS into it, but it will never run as optimally as iOS does with the iPhone 6. I'd rather have an iPhone 6 and my Nexus 5 and switch back and forth between the two depending on my mood. :cool:

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
No. Freaking. Way.

And I question your judgment when you proposed the premise "best of both worlds". I have an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.1. I already have the best of all worlds.

Why do you seem to hate Android so much?! I can understand people preferring iOS over Android, but you seem to immediately dismiss anything about Android with apparent disgust. I don't know if you're just exaggerating your feelings towards Android, or if you genuinely have a reason to look down on it so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen