If you could install Android on your iPhone 6, would you?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
If you could install Android on your iP6 and have all the functionality of the Apple Hardware would you give it a try? Wouldn’t that be like having the best of both worlds. I know it would never happen, but just a thought.

Ok already I get it “like having the best of both worlds “ bad choice of words this was not meant to be about iOS vs. Android. It was meant to be about trying an alternate OS on my Apple hardware. I like to experiment with things, how stupid of me to use Android as the OS of choice.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If you could install Android on your iP6 and have all the functionality of the Apple Hardware would you give it a try? Wouldn’t that be like having the best of both worlds. I know it would never happen, but just a thought.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

No. Freaking. Way.

And I question your judgment when you proposed the premise "best of both worlds". I have an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.1. I already have the best of all worlds.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
No. Freaking. Way.

And I question your judgment when you proposed the premise "best of both worlds". I have an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.1. I already have the best of all worlds.

I was just curious to see what people thought HankAz, you do seem to be grumpy at times and I said Like the best of both worlds.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
No. I've already experienced Android and still do. Android is better in your opinion but not for a lot of us. I'll keep Android on my aging nexus and periodically remind myself why I left it behind in the first place whenever I get that "grass is greener" feeling.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
No - why would I want to install a junk engine in my beautiful designed Ferrari with an awesome factory-installed engine?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I was just curious to see what people thought HankAz, you do seem to be grumpy at times and I said Like the best of both worlds.

Not at all "grumpy". I just get really annoyed at threads like this. Why would I want to replace iOS on my Apple device with android anything? As I said, I question your judgment to even suggest that it would be a good thing.

Oddly, if everyone said "wow, what a wonderful idea", you’d be happy with that outcome. But when I say "no freaking way", you label me as grumpy. Karen quoted my post and agreed with my take. You didn’t call her out. Sau124 said "why ... install a junk engine in my ... Ferrari" and you don’t call him out. Why are you focused on dogging me?

Like I said, I HAVE the best of ALL worlds - an Apple device with an Apple OS that was designed to run on my Apple device.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I never really give a real thought to buying any of the Android based devices is because I can't stand the OS. I can't consider it the best of both worlds when there's nothing appealing about the "other world" to me.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I never really give a real thought to buying any of the Android based devices is because I can't stand the OS. I can't consider it the best of both worlds when there's nothing appealing about the "other world" to me.

This^. That OS is just terrible. Honestly, I enjoyed BBOS better than Android....and that's saying a lot.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Not at all "grumpy". I just get really annoyed at threads like this. Why would I want to replace iOS on my Apple device with android anything? As I said, I question your judgment to even suggest that it would be a good thing.

Oddly, if everyone said "wow, what a wonderful idea", you’d be happy with that outcome. But when I say "no freaking way", you label me as grumpy. Karen quoted my post and agreed with my take. You didn’t call her out. Sau124 said "why ... install a junk engine in my ... Ferrari" and you don’t call him out. Why are you focused on dogging me?

Like I said, I HAVE the best of ALL worlds - an Apple device with an Apple OS that was designed to run on my Apple device.

My intentions were not to annoy you or offend anyone else on this forum, as I said, I was simply curious to see what people thought. Being the tech junkie I am I like to mess around with things “ like the best of both worlds” maybe a bad choice of words again I apologize for that. I did not intend to call you out on anything, I respect your opinions and you post, and to the Ferrari comment if I could afford a Ferrari I could afford to open the bonnet and mess with that also, and that’s what I would most likely do it’s just the way I am.

It’s not about iOS vs. Android it was just about tinkering with are device’s with that, Peace.

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Heck No!!! LOL. I used to have Android and only used it for a brief period and did not like the software. Though that was several years ago and the Android platform has surely evolved since then, I still love the seamless flow of the iOS and OSX ecosystem. This is just what works for me. Android may work fine and dandy for others, but not for me.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
No! 😂
I come from Android and still own an Android tablet but I'm not going to regret the day it needs to be upgraded (to an iPad).
Although I missed some Android features when I just got my iPhone I noticed I preferred to use the much smaller phone over the tablet, only because the way IOS behaves. I think that says enough 😉

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative