Will a glass screen protector prevent a shattered screen?

Vinnio

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Usually I never use screen protectors and the only reason I'm even considering getting one is because I bought the i6 on the AT&T Next plan and to be able to exchange the phone the screen can't be cracked or shattered. I've owned a Lumia 920 on contract for 2 years with no SP and it's gotten dropped maybe 3 or 4 times since I got it (on it's screen and on pavement/concrete), and the screen is still in pristine condition. While I've heard that glass SPs like ZAGG Glass come with shatter protection, I've also heard stories of people with glass protectors on that dropped their phones, causing not only the protector to be shattered but also the phone screen, making the protector more or less useless.

makie

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes the glass protector will break, but your screen will be in tact! Just try and get a good rated brand:)

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Usually I never use screen protectors and the only reason I'm even considering getting one is because I bought the i6 on the AT&T Next plan and to be able to exchange the phone the screen can't be cracked or shattered. I've owned a Lumia 920 on contract for 2 years with no SP and it's gotten dropped maybe 3 or 4 times since I got it (on it's screen and on pavement/concrete), and the screen is still in pristine condition. While I've heard that glass SPs like ZAGG Glass come with shatter protection, I've also heard stories of people with glass protectors on that dropped their phones, causing not only the protector to be shattered but also the phone screen, making the protector more or less useless.

I was at best buy the other day and a friend of mine had a glass screen protector on his iphone long story short he drops it and the screen lands on the corner of the medal rack really hard he went crazy he saw how shattered the screen appeared to be so he starts taking off the screen protector and then notice that the phone's screen didn't even have a scratch on it . Which is pretty awesome so bottom line get the glass screen protector if it doesn't do as good as it did for him at least you will still have a screen

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I think my screen was protected by my Zagg glass SP. Had my phone on arm of lazy boy recliner.. 2 days after launch and one day after I put Zagg on my 6+. My basset hound went to jump on the couch ( yes, he's allowed lol) knocked my phone inside metal springy things in recliner. I thought it was a goner, I had to flip recliner in its side to get at phone. The screen protector has a deep scratch in middle of screen, and a chip on side of protector. Phone screen perfect.... Lol.. Glad I had SP on.

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Yes to all the above!!!!!! I had my phone in a Defender case one time and dropped it face first on the concrete, when i picked it up the screen was completely shattered. Pulled it out of the case and removed the glass protector and not a scratch on the screen its self, immediately bought another one. Zagg's are guarantied for life, all you pay is shipping to get a new one.

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I had a glass screen protector for a note 4 and it wouldn't fit right because of the slight curve of the glass on the edges of the phone is there any kind of problem with the iPhone 6 plus just wondering I'm going to order one now cause I know how good they are any recommendations

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I had a glass screen protector for a note 4 and it wouldn't fit right because of the slight curve of the glass on the edges of the phone is there any kind of problem with the iPhone 6 plus just wondering I'm going to order one now cause I know how good they are any recommendations

There isn't usually a problem with the curvature of the screen. You just have to be sure to line it up perfectly or it may start to come off.

Zagg glass is a glass screen protector that is highly praised, so I would check that one out.

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
There isn't usually a problem with the curvature of the screen. You just have to be sure to line it up perfectly or it may start to come off.

Zagg glass is a glass screen protector that is highly praised, so I would check that one out.

Thanks! I was thinking about getting zagg and now that's what I'm going to do lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
WILL it prevent a shattered screen? Impossible to say. There have been shattered screen reports with these protectors on them.

CAN it prevent a shattered screen? Absolutely...in fact, that is one of their main selling points.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm using this brand on my 6 and 6 Plus. Dropped both of my phones face down once and the screens are still like new.

4e41b3f72ac3baaabc2e3fff4cc97807.jpg

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

Throneofglass

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone 6+ and I have a glass screen protector. It cracked in two places and I am scared that my screen is cracked underneath. I am going to the apple store this weekend. Sorry, this is the only reliable thing I could find!

RicoDee

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to burst your bubble so to speak, but the Zagg Invisible Shield did NOT protect my iPhone 6 Plus screen against shattering. It likely protected against scratches but it did absolutely nothing when my phone fell onto blacktop pavement. Might as well have had no protection at all.The first time I dropped it my screen shattered into hundreds of shards. BIG big disappointment. $129 later at the Apple Store in Honolulu, Hawaii my screen was replace and I was a happy camper. No thanks to Zagg...

ItsNotU

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Zaggs are a waste of time and money. Dropped phone on concrete. Small chip in Zagg large cracks in screen. Zagg claims I installed screen protetor after crack.

quinT7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I have a glass screen protector on my iPhone 6 for a year and I`m very proud of it.
It protects my phone very well and since I use it I`ve never been determinet to change it.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe a glass screen protector was ever intended to prevent your screen shattering, I think they are to prevent scratches and to feel more like the real screen than the plastic ones.That said I use the invisible shield HD and it works for me and heals up a bit if it gets a ding. This from someone who is prone to put his phone into a pocket full of screws and small tools is a kind of recommendation !

russhilton

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I purchased the Moshi iVisor XT and a case for my new iPhone 6. About a month the phone slipped out of my hand and landed screen down on rocks. The result was no damage at all. No cracked screen and the phone works as great as ever. I highly recommend this screen protector and always keep one on hand incase the current one stops adhering to the screen.

What interested me in your questions is that I just purchased a used iPad mini 2 which works great but has small cracks on the left side near the edge. If I do put a screen protector on the iPad it will be the iVisor XT from Moshi. I purchase the screen protector from OutfitYOURS.com, good prices, service, and quick delivery. If I am not using my Defender case on my iPhone I use one purchased from this website.

ayscar

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I was at best buy the other day and a friend of mine had a glass screen protector on his iphone long story short he drops it and the screen lands on the corner of the medal rack really hard he went crazy he saw how shattered the screen appeared to be so he starts taking off the screen protector and then notice that the phone's screen didn't even have a scratch on it . Which is pretty awesome so bottom line get the glass screen protector if it doesn't do as good as it did for him at least you will still have a screen

What brand was it and where can I get it?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods