what's your ideas about the Screen Protectors for iPhone 6/6 Plus

joeeeeeee

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,newbie here. what do you guys think about the new curved screen at the edges, are you ready to apply a screen protector like this ? I hate the screen protectors for iphones all the time. However, I have to apply a protector for my new iPhone 6 Plus. is that 100% necessary or you have any thought? thanks for your reply!

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
The iPhones screens are super durable and don't require a protector. I've never scratched an iPhone screen and don't see how people do but I have an invisible shield on my phone now and it's pretty neat but it feels like a gel layer on my screen.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I use them now and always have. I scratched my phone once. That's enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

cs1219

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
you want one. Apple hasn't improved durability of the glass much since the first iPhone. You can some quick youtube about iPhone 6 dropping test.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
you want one. Apple hasn't improved durability of the glass much since the first iPhone. You can some quick youtube about iPhone 6 dropping test.

Apple doesn't even recommend screen protectors when you go in to buy an iPhone. Drop tests are forced.

m_thoroughbred

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a Zagg's glass screen protector on my iPhone 6 and I like it. Since its glass it doesn't take away from the feel of the phone. The only thing is do to the curved glass in the phone the screen protector isn't edge to edge as they call it case friendly.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector. I used one briefly on my first iPhone. Hated the feel, so I removed it. I have never had a scratched screen on my iPhones, my iPods or my iPads. IMO, the screen protectors are a waste of money.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I like the curved edges, but the way I have my phone set up I don’t really notice them.
I've always hated screen protectors and cases in the past. With the iPhone I've been using a Zagg glass and Apple leather case because I want the phone to be mint for resale value. With the Apple case the thick edge of the Zagg Glass does not bother me at all.

Key22

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I definitely think it's worth it. I have two iPhone 6's one has a screen protector and the other without but both are in the same case...A few days ago the one without a screen protector dropped right outside on of my house and it shattered the screen. I had to pay for the screen to be fixed the next day because it was cutting my finger. That same day I dropped my second iPhone 6 in the exact same place outside of my house with the screen protector and the screen is perfectly fine!! I don't always wear a case but I always purchase a screen protector...They last for a very long time and most come with a lifetime warranty!! Worth every penny!!

Attachments

• iMoreAppImg_20141111_081138.jpg
    iMoreAppImg_20141111_081138.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 35

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I use a screen protector on my iPhone 6 but I prefer the built-in type like the one on my griffin survivor case.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I went with a Media Devil from Amazon after my first two glass protectors (Verizon branded and Zagg) didn't meet my expectations. I really like this one, and I forget it's there unlike the glass ones which were too thick (IMO) -- they probably wouldn't have felt that way if they went to the edge (I am aware of the curved glass, etc.)

View attachment 70560
View attachment 70561

Here's the one I got: Amazon.com: MediaDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) - Apple iPhone 6 - (2 x Screen Protectors): Cell Phones & Accessories

The case is a Tech21 Evo Mesh from the Apple Store; Tech21 Evo Mesh Case (Drop Protective) for iPhone 6 - Clear/White - Apple Store (U.S.)

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
i love the glass protectors, worked perfectly on my 5s. however best buy tried 4 zagg glass protectors in a row....the edges wont lay flat because of the curve.it's kinda driving me nuts as the last one was so perfect, hardly knew it was there. waiting for another brand who will be better about the curve.

LeDave

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I use iCarez brand bought from Amazon for 6 bucks. It comes with 3 of them and is insanely easy to install. I bought the matte one because I like the way it feels.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro