iMessage - Send Read Receipt

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I do. My cousin doesn't because he doesn't want anyone to know if he has read the text. If they know he's read it, they expect a reply. He doesn't always want to reply. So he leaves them hanging. That way he can say, "Oh, I didn't see that!".

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't. I communicate via iMessage with relatively few people, and with iMessage you can see if the other person is responding.

Perhaps its also because I still remember a time when there were no pagers or smartphones, and it often came down to luck finding someone at home or work so that you could talk or leave a message.

For stuff that is time sensitive, I'll call.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm just being nosy. If you use iMessage, do you allow the, 'Send Read Receipt'?

No sir, and as been mentioned above, people often expect an immediate response and sometimes I'm simply not able to provide an immediate response.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I do and prefer when others do

I feel the exact same way. When I start talking to someone and it's off I let them know how to turn it on in case they didn't know. Sometimes they really didn't know, sometimes they don't want it on.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I leave it off, because like other people say, if I don't want to respond, I don't have to have them bother me because "I saw the text!" :)

jprice912

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I leave mine on as well. I don't care if people know that I have read it and I don't feel obligated to respond regardless of whether they know I have read it or not

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine is on. I use it a lot at work, to communicate with people, and it's helpful to me to know they saw it, and I know I don't have to call/page them. Most of my coworkers have it on. In my personal life, my significant other has it on. That's how I know if he's fallen asleep when I'm texting him! :) (Now with e-mail I find it annoying to be asked to send a read receipt.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner