iMessage - Send Read Receipt

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I do and prefer when others do

This. It's texting. I'll answer it when I can, and I don't get offended if others don't answer right away. If my communication is that urgent, I'll call.

However, I do like to know that they have seen my message so I know that the information has been communicated. And I like sending read receipts so I don't have to reply that I've read the message and received the information.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't. Certain people want me to text them as soon as I get the message and if I'm busy and don't txt back immediately, it's a problem.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I used to not, but now I do. I figure it's just courtesy. I don't necessarily answer right away or feel compelled to answer immediately any more with it on or off. But at least the sender knows I saw their message.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine has always been on because I just don't care. If I can answer, I will. If I can't, I won't. If someone gets booty hurt by it, oh well.

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, i don't care if I leave someone hanging... If I didn't feel like responding then I didn't feel like responding... Shouldn't matter.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
For those who have it ON, if it doesn't matter and you will "respond whenever", then what's the benefit of sending the read receipts? Honestly curious.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Because I know if they read the message or they know if I've read the message. For example, my husband usually picks up my kids from daycare, but if I swing by and pick them up, I'll send a quick iMessage. If it says Read, I know he was paying attention and got the message. If it doesn't change to Read after a while, I'll call instead. I don't really need a reply, just to see that he's seen it.

Cool

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have mine turned off because of the same reason many others already posted - bc when it's on, people expect an immediate reply.

But is it bad that I like when others have it on and I can see if they're read my message? ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal