LastPass and the TouchID

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how Lastpass works with TouchID? I've been debating about going to a device with a finger print scanner and wondering if it works as well as I think it should in my mind.

For instance, when an app asks for login info does it prompt TouchID and autofill?

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used it for autofill, since I also use Keychain for Safari. However, for unlocking the app itself, TouchID works great. I've read articles that say you shouldn't allow your LastPass password to be stored anywhere for the best protection, but it's a matter of balancing security with convenience.

One question I haven't found an answer to is whether my Lastpass password is stored in the secured cache of the Apple processor, or if it's stored within the Lastpass app and autofilled upon TouchID authentication. I've noticed that when I launch Lastpass, the password field is filled in with dots (like a hidden password field) prior to the prompt for TouchID. Not sure where this is coming from.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used it for autofill, since I also use Keychain for Safari. However, for unlocking the app itself, TouchID works great. I've read articles that say you shouldn't allow your LastPass password to be stored anywhere for the best protection, but it's a matter of balancing security with convenience.

One question I haven't found an answer to is whether my Lastpass password is stored in the secured cache of the Apple processor, or if it's stored within the Lastpass app and autofilled upon TouchID authentication. I've noticed that when I launch Lastpass, the password field is filled in with dots (like a hidden password field) prior to the prompt for TouchID. Not sure where this is coming from.
This is on apps within iOS? I believe TouchID isn't officially supported by LastPass due to Apple security. I'm currently using a HTC One and it's a real pain to type in my long master password each time I want to use it so TouchID would be awesome if it all worked properly.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is on apps within iOS? I believe TouchID isn't officially supported by LastPass due to Apple security. I'm currently using a HTC One and it's a real pain to type in my long master password each time I want to use it so TouchID would be awesome if it all worked properly.
The update that pushed out that lets you use your touchID to open lastpass.

From there you need to copy your password for use in an app. If it's in safari you can auto fill from lastpass.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
The update that pushed out that lets you use your touchID to open lastpass.

From there you need to copy your password for use in an app. If it's in safari you can auto fill from lastpass.
Any word on if they will have app autofill available? Does 1Password allow this? Or am I just out of luck? Thanks!

imeidatadotnet

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
1Password does have an extension to do this. However other app developers have to incorporate it into their app for it to be used. I think Agilebits has a list of apps using it on their website.

With me autofill is annoying feature because some time you enter other form in site, make some change then form fill back with username/email and password.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
With me autofill is annoying feature because some time you enter other form in site, make some change then form fill back with username/email and password.
I'm honestly not too concerned with Autofill on Safari. But it would be nice if there was some way to do it for apps (on Android it kind of works but most of the time you have to copy and past anyway). Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73