iPhone 6 wont last long?

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
You're confusing "build quality" with what you're actually looking to find. The phones can last just as long. But, that's not what you want. You want them to continue receiving software updates to add functionality in addition to hardware to magically appear within the device. That's not a conversation about build quality.

You're worried the device with become "obsolete" in relation to the other devices in the market. In that context, the old phones are far more obsolete. If we're basing "build quality" on this, then those phones have terrible build quality, by relation. After all, the phones that came after those phones were drastically improved. The phones releasing now are often with negligible changes that are more gimmick than function. If we apply your shortsighted definition of "build quality," it still doesn't favor your argument.

Here's the sad thing. You don't realize that by pointing out old phones couldn't be updated where new phones can that you're pointing out newer devices are built to last longer than older devices. You can either opt to maintain the same functionality you received before, and have it be no different than an older phone without software updates, or you can extend the "life" of your phone by adding more functionality. Either way, it's no worse off than the device you're pretending had greater build quality.

You are right. Maybe i misunderstood a little.
I guess this is how its suppose to be, as technology changes fast. I remember when i bought the iPhone 4s like yesterday. It was brand new and the best phone you could buy. Many people still used the 3GS and i had the 4s. It was such a great feeling. As i said the memory is still fresh, but time moves on. Now 4s is old and i dont see people using them that much anymore. It feels strange since it wasnt like 15 years ago or something, but i know its perfectly normal as time change.

I read someone said "im still using my old antique iPhone 5" and i remember when the 5 was new and everyone was like "wow you have an iPhone 5?!" that wasnt long ago either. Oh well, im probably just too sentimental :cant-watch:

scottMan1

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
How about this, I have an old Nokia brick phone from a wireless company called primeco , circa late 90s, that's Still turns on. Black-and-white dotmatrix screen. At that time I thought it was the coolest thing to make phone calls from anywhere. My whopping 150 monthly minutes and I could call out as far as about 20 miles without roaming. but let's see in 15 years what my iPhone six will do. :)

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
How about this, I have an old Nokia brick phone from a wireless company called primeco , circa late 90s, that's Still turns on. Black-and-white dotmatrix screen. At that time I thought it was the coolest thing to make phone calls from anywhere. My whopping 150 monthly minutes and I could call out as far as about 20 miles without roaming. but let's see in 15 years what my iPhone six will do. :)

You think your Iphone 6 wont operate like your old Nokia in 15 years?
(just curious dont get me wrong)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone that is comparing durability and build quality to Nokia brick phones is being short sighted. For one, using the Nokia's ability to simply "turn on" is almost a laughable criteria for success...secondly, and this is the more important part...you can't use an old Nokia phone right now for any legitimate cellular phone usage, and I'm going to guess, in 15 years it'll be the same for smart phones we're using today...as technology changes (and changes so quickly), functionality becomes obsolete quicker than ever, but it has nothing to do with the build quality of the device.

My friend still has an original iPhone...and still functions perfectly outside of being a cell phone...iPod still works, camera still works, and he actually had someone offer him like $200 for it one day because it's mint in the box. That's approaching 10 years old faster than you know it.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I find the iPhone 6 to be the best to date. Whether it lasts is moot in this day and age as tech changes too fast. My opinion is get in early and enjoy it for all its worth.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the demand and sales figures for the 6 thus far, I'd say the 6 isn't going away any time soon.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

j800rl

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Even if it stopped receiving updates the 6 is still a fantastic device. Contracts last two years typically and updates will be available at least that long.

I'm amazed this thread has been so popular and gone on as long as it has as the topic is rather moot.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73