iPhone 6 wont last long?

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
True. But for the price you would expect some kind of longevity from a new iPhone.
Or the good old days are gone? (im thinking about when the 4s was the top model, it sure was kinda future proof in a way i didnt expect then)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
True. But for the price you would expect some kind of longevity from a new iPhone.
Or the good old days are gone? (im thinking about when the 4s was the top model, it sure was kinda future proof in a way i didnt expect then)

The. Sky. Is. Not. Falling.

isaiah orot

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It'll stick around for while . One of the reasons why ios doesn't need a lot of ram is because there's hardly anything running in the back ground (ram hogging apps ) . Ever wonder why safari needs to reload a web page after you switch to another app ? Because it stops running in background and needs to reload page . Unlike android where u have widgets and its multitasking . Reason why android needs more ram and higher ghz . As long as ios stays the way it is iphone 6 will be around for while . Only thing I can see is intense games and apps that require more than 1gig ram to use . May not be available for iPhone 6 .

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you dont care, but i do.

I hope if you have a issue in real life, thats bothering you, then someone will say The. Sky. Is. Not. Falling
Who are you to judge?

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
It'll stick around for while . One of the reasons why ios doesn't need a lot of ram is because there's hardly anything running in the back ground (ram hogging apps ) . Ever wonder why safari needs to reload a web page after you switch to another app ? Because it stops running in background and needs to reload page . Unlike android where u have widgets and its multitasking . Reason why android needs more ram and higher ghz . As long as ios stays the way it is iphone 6 will be around for while . Only thing I can see is intense games and apps that require more than 1gig ram to use . May not be available for iPhone 6 .

I didnt know that, thank you for sharing.

That explains why theres more lag in Android. Still they manage to keep the battery life pretty good (higher GHz and more ram) iOS on the other hand runs more smooth.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you dont care, but i do.

I hope if you have a issue in real life, thats bothering you, then someone will say The. Sky. Is. Not. Falling
Who are you to judge?

So, only some people's opinions matter? Why does yours matter more than mine? I don’t see this as a big deal. You do. Fine. We disagree. Big surprise there.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Have you even enjoyed the phone yet?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So you read somewhere that some random person/people said the iPhone 6 won't "last long" (whatever that means)...interesting. Maybe it's just my ability to make decisions for myself based on what I want, but I laughed when I read your concerns...when you base a big portion of your decision making on what other people say, you're going to miss out on a lot of things. When the iPhone was first introduced, I think it was Microsoft's own Balmer and all his cronies who were dancing around a fire talking about how it wouldn't last long.

Heh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywi0h_Y5_U

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
So, only some people's opinions matter? Why does yours matter more than mine? I don’t see this as a big deal. You do. Fine. We disagree. Big surprise there.

For me, i dont see the reason having this grumphy attitude. If you dont like my threads, simply dont post or read them?
Why do you feel the need to post something sarcastic like "the sky is not falling"? For me maybe this really is something im thinking a lot about and yea, it is a big deal for me. There is no need to be sarcastic , but i guess some people are just like that no matter what. Lack of social skills and/or empathy maybe

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The sky is not falling is just a metaphor and isn't sarcasm. The points were made to you but you kept asking the question anyway because you didn't see the answer you wanted to see.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
For me, i dont see the reason having this grumphy attitude. If you dont like my threads, simply dont post or read them?
Why do you feel the need to post something sarcastic like "the sky is not falling"? For me maybe this really is something im thinking a lot about and yea, it is a big deal for me. There is no need to be sarcastic , but i guess some people are just like that no matter what. Lack of social skills and/or empathy maybe

That was not sarcasm. But I do think you are overreacting. The iPhone models have continued to be serviceable for as much as 3-4 years. I don’t see anything about the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus that makes me think they won’t be just a serviceable for the same time frame.

You posted your opinion and then you got all torqued off when someone disagreed. That's all it is. Again, why is it that only some people's opinions (yours) matter and the opinions of others (me and anyone who disagrees with you) don’t?

Nothing personal, dude.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
That was not sarcasm. But I do think you are overreacting. The iPhone models have continued to be serviceable for as much as 3-4 years. I don’t see anything about the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus that makes me think they won’t be just a serviceable for the same time frame.

You posted your opinion and then you got all torqued off when someone disagreed. That's all it is. Again, why is it that only some people's opinions (yours) matter and the opinions of others (me and anyone who disagrees with you) don’t?

Nothing personal, dude.

Well of course people will disagree and thats fine. After all we are discussing and shouldnt always agree, perfectly normal.
But even when you disagree, theres still no need to be rude or disrepectful. What for you is a non issue, can be a big issue for someone else.

isaiah orot

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
One thing I like about Apple is they give there couple year old iPhones latest iOS . 4s got iOS 8.0 and it's couple of years old . Take a look at Galaxy s3 not getting kitkat (unless Samsung changed there minds ).But the hardware is capable of running . So if you get a iphone 6 now 2 year contract .i6 will stick around for maybe 3 or 4 years . Just take a look at the older iphone track record of updates . I'm on a 2 year contract . Once it's up I'm getting the newest iphone in 2 years or maybe go with a next program

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
One thing I like about Apple is they give there couple year old iPhones latest iOS . 4s got iOS 8.0 and it's couple of years old . Take a look at Galaxy s3 not getting kitkat (unless Samsung changed there minds ).But the hardware is capable of running . So if you get a iphone 6 now 2 year contract .i6 will stick around for maybe 3 or 4 years . Just take a look at the older iphone track record of updates . I'm on a 2 year contract . Once it's up I'm getting the newest iphone in 2 years or maybe go with a next program

That sucks for the Samsung s3 users i think.

I just read:

"Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 did not receive any official Android KitKat update due to its hardware issue of having 1 GB of RAM only unlike with Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 which boasts 2 GB of RAM."

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
True. But still they say Iphone 5s have longer lifespan than Iphone 5c because of the 64 bit processors. Or at lease that its more future proof than the 5c

That's true because the iPhone 5c is really the iPhone 5 in a plastic body (and a slightly better front camera) and nothing more. It is using a SoC that is 1 year old than the 5s so of course it will not last as long as an iPhone 5s.

The iPhone 6 is fine. Apple did the same thing when they released the iPhone 3GS; doubled the RAM. The "S" was speed. It will probably happen next year but it's not going suddenly render my iPhone 6 useless. When the iPhone 3GS came out my iPhone 3G continued to function just fine for another year until the iPhone 4 came out. I expect the same from my iPhone 6.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73