Battery life hoax

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
As many others have said it isn't a hoax -- I have seen many of my friends get good battery life on the iPhone 6 & 6+.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This whole thread is beyond mind numbing.

The bottom line: people use their devices differently than you do. Their battery stats will be different from yours. If you think your device is faulty in some way, make an appointment with Apple and have someone look at it.

It’s not that difficult.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
This whole thread is beyond mind numbing.

The bottom line: people use their devices differently than you do. Their battery stats will be different from yours. If you think your device is faulty in some way, make an appointment with Apple and have someone look at it.

It’s not that difficult.

Thank you again.
I already got good advices from katiejaneshore. I dont know if you already read that, or your just always grumpy(?)

Even if you think that this whole thread is beyond mind numbing, it doesnt have to be the same for everyone. Maybe there are people who find this discussion interesting? I know that i did, and i learned a lot.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been getting good battery life but this usage cannot be correct.

Has this happened to anyone else on iPhone 6 on 8.1?

Thanks
c3cd955f38da34f404756149ad98ebaa.jpg

Sent from my 6/128/SG using Tapatalk

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Just happend to me. I turned my phone off while charging, and now the battery usage thing didnt reset. So next time i need to charge my phone, the stats will show something like 16 hours usage and 4 days standby...

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Just happend to me. I turned my phone off while charging, and now the battery usage thing didnt reset. So next time i need to charge my phone, the stats will show something like 16 hours usage and 4 days standby...

Ah so my battery usage didn't reset then, although it was at 12 hours when I plugged it in but didn't check after charging where it was at.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Ah so my battery usage didn't reset then, although it was at 12 hours when I plugged it in but didn't check after charging where it was at.

I think it must be the case. First time ever this happend to me, fully charged then after 20 min i was checking the battery usage. Still showed 7 hours usage. Weird i know

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What does Home and Lock screens usage mean? Is it how much notifications you get? Is it the widgets?

It means you spend that much battery meandering around on your home screen rearranging apps or admiring your wallpaper. Or as Hank said, you're doing nothing.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
My LTE reception looks great all the time.. 4 or 5 dots. I assumed leaving it on all the time would not really effect my battery. I work from home and I am on WIFI most of the time. I tested what my battery would look like if I turned off LTE while on WIFI at home. When I would go out Id turn on my LTE, and turn it off when home again. I went from like 35% At 900 pm with LTE always on and like 62% at 900 pm with me turning it on when I leave the house. You should try that and see if it changes your battery life. Just a thought.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My LTE reception looks great all the time.. 4 or 5 dots. I assumed leaving it on all the time would not really effect my battery. I work from home and I am on WIFI most of the time. I tested what my battery would look like if I turned off LTE while on WIFI at home. When I would go out Id turn on my LTE, and turn it off when home again. I went from like 35% At 900 pm with LTE always on and like 62% at 900 pm with me turning it on when I leave the house. You should try that and see if it changes your battery life. Just a thought.

Yup. LTE can drain the battery since it's still not available everywhere. I keep mine in and I know that my phone will last 12 to 16 hours of my normal use. If I go to my contractors' facility I take my cable because if I'm there the whole day the battery drain is extreme. That's because it's in a building in an area with no LTE. So I don't curtail my use, I just take my cable.

Reception is a HUGE factor.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a 5s and am happy with the battery life but, after looking at all the scene shots in this thread, I have a question; what is it about the "home and lock screen" that causes such a battery drain? ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1415161166.927143.jpg

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I averaged anywhere from 5 to over 8 hours of usage per charge on my 5S on iOS 7. The faster I used the battery, the longer it lasted. (Meaning, if I use it heavily all in one day, I'll get over 7 to 8 hours of usage, or if I use it lightly, spread out for 2 to 3 days, I'll get 5 or 6 hours of usage)

6A9A3099-0934-4A7B-A163-B892BDBBCD19-1249-000000B9779FD52F_zpse09f5e6e.jpg

On iOS 8 I get around the same battery life. I haven't done any full drains down to 1 or 2% to take a screenshot in a while though. I'd imagine the iPhone 6 should easily do as well as this, or better,

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Someone mentioned it before, but it will also depend on your carrier. My carrier has full LTE is most places, but my battery will drain to nothing flat if I use it on anything other than wifi. I am lucky to manage six hours on network whereas I can get almost nine on wifi.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Finally got a chance to run down my 5S on iOS 8.1. I'm sure in that remaining 9% I could get another 20 or 30 minutes of usage... But I'm going to plug in and sync before bed.

C0E402DB-9EB0-4B57-A395-B46DC3F736DD_zps237lpnql.png

I think the Home & Lock Screen statistic gets built up when using Quick Reply. I use Quick Reply often for SMS, and my Messages app never shows up too high on the Battery stats.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I regularly get nearly 3 days on standby. I turn off background app updating on everything but Fantastical2 (which in restrictions I have forced to not allow anything else to turn it on), and the only app that is allowed access to my location is Find my iPhone (also forced that way in Restrictions). I rarely use Wifi, I almost never use Bluetooth (like, ever). If I am not using an app, it's off. I have several email accounts on fetch every 15 or push. I only have notifications on mail, messages, facetime, google voice, phone, and fantastical. I use my phone, I just don't let stuff run when I am not needing to. But I can get three days of standby just fine.