Battery life hoax

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Your wireless carrier can impact battery life as well. Not just reception. Some carrier's settings are better optimized, I guess... With my iPhone 4, I switched between carriers a few times, and average battery life varied greatly from one carrier to the next.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Depends on your usage, if you are a heavy user who plays alot of games you will not get the 24 hour battery usage periods these guys are getting. But if you think you aren't a heavy user and are getting less like good battery life on the 6, get a replacement for it at the Apple store.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Maybe its just that some devices, like mine, are faulty, while others have better working devices. That would explain my battery issues.

I'm beginning to think mine is faulty. It oftentimes goes to no service. I'm going to get a new sim tomorrow see if that helps, otherwise will have to make a trip to the Apple Store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing that you are playing two games in your screenshots. I'm not a big gamer now but I do know that when I was playing Plague Inc. and Game of War(May that game forever burn in hell) on my iPhone 5, it drained battery extremely quickly. The same was true for games on my iPad when I had it. Almost all of the screenshots, if I remember correctly, don't have game play in them. Also, your top usage is Safari. Web browsing is always dependent on the signal. I get great battery life while using Safari when I am at home but when I am at my girlfriend's house(her router doesn't output a strong signal and there is really bad LTE reception, my battery is quite a bit worse. If you are sure something is wrong, Apple(if there is a store near by) will look at your diagnostics and see if there is an issue.

Unfortunately, all these batteries are not created equal. These things are so complicated that even a differing density of metal can change things drastically. Millions and millions of these things are being mass produced and there are going to be duds. If you think you got one of those duds, seriously take it back. I know you want things to be the best they can be(I would feel the same in your position) but your battery life is still better than most phones out now.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Been wondering that as my work consists driving to countryside and back, would I be better with just 3G ? As LTE isn't option there :) otherwise I've been most pleasantly surprised by the battery life with the iPhone 6. My old Lumia 1020 lasted for 3-4 hours use. Standby was maybe 10 hours max.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I just got this today

b7462e142553e98ca5b9bc2905054f90.jpg

katiejaneshore

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
If you're worried your battery is faulty. Take it to a store get them to run diagnostics on it. It will show you exactly the issue. They can advise you what to do to extend your battery life (same information as posted here) sounds stupid; sometimes software can affect the performance of battery. Restore set up as new. See if it improves. If it does, load back up back on and see if it gets worse again. There are so many different contributors to the way a battery performs. As people have mentioned. You could be in terrible signal areas. Pop to a store (if you can) see if it is faulty. Go from there :) battery issues are 80% software or user related. Hope that helps?

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
If you're worried your battery is faulty. Take it to a store get them to run diagnostics on it. It will show you exactly the issue. They can advise you what to do to extend your battery life (same information as posted here) sounds stupid; sometimes software can affect the performance of battery. Restore set up as new. See if it improves. If it does, load back up back on and see if it gets worse again. There are so many different contributors to the way a battery performs. As people have mentioned. You could be in terrible signal areas. Pop to a store (if you can) see if it is faulty. Go from there :) battery issues are 80% software or user related. Hope that helps?

Thank you :) i will try your advice.
Today i actually managed to squeeze out 7 hours usage

katiejaneshore

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you :) i will try your advice.
Today i actually managed to squeeze out 7 hours usage

No problem. It was the most common question I had when I worked there!
If you are a heavy 3G user, then battery life can be poor. But I read that you don't use it enough to warrant a low life. My new iPhone 6 has been AMAZING. It stays alive from 4.30am right up until 23.30 with intermittent heavy usage on social media. It's on its last legs normally from 20.00 onwards though ha ha

katiejaneshore

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
omfg.. how many hours of usage do you usually have?

I don't check! I couldn't tell you today as I plugged it in at work. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415047886.961453.jpg
Used it non stop since I've got in. If I'm using whatsapp or Facebook for long periods of time, then my usage would half. I've found that those 2 apps eat their way through