Location Services

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For me, I keep most of the apps turned off. I leave the weather apps on and ProCamera 8. I set some to "only while using". I leave maps off. If I need map directions, I'll turn it on. I only turn Facebook on when I post where we're eating. But I turn it back off.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the weather and gas buddy with location on. Anything else I turn on if I need to.

Sent from my 6/128/SG using Tapatalk

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I stay in two places, home in Albany Oregon and live/work Studio in Portland Oregon. Plus I travel to Los Angeles, Seattle and Honolulu on a regular enough basis that location services help, so I leave it on for many more apps than others may. I don't find it to be a drain on the iPhone 6 and the benefits are worth the slight difference.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I stay in two places, home in Albany Oregon and live/work Studio in Portland Oregon. Plus I travel to Los Angeles, Seattle and Honolulu on a regular enough basis that location services help, so I leave it on for many more apps than others may. I don't find it to be a drain on the iPhone 6 and the benefits are worth the slight difference.

You're mostly right. Most apps don't use much from day to day. But there's that few hogs. Like Facebook.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips everyone! I had a few apps that were constantly popping up asking if they could turn on location services. Had some set to only "when using," to not kill my battery so fast. Just turned off just about all of them except weather.

Roikins

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I have almost all turned off, just weather, HiDef Radar is always on and find my iphone, some I put while using mode like passbook, Siri, maps,Safari, Kayak,Groupon, and Around Me,from the system services everything is off, except cell network search, find my phone , and setting time zone, also frequent locations is off and product improvements are all off.

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have weather and the Pebble Companion app always access my location, but the rest are turned off.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I leave everything on all the time. My battery life is great. Just because an app can poll for location any time doesn't mean it does. You can see which apps have used location in the last 24 hours. You will see that very few do it. I don't want to have to turn things on/off all the time. Trust in the iOS power management. I paid a lot for an advanced device and pay every month for service. I am going to use every advanced feature all the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2