Do you think it would have been better if we waited a couple of months before buying the iPhone 6?

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you think it would have been better if we (iphone 6 users) waited a couple of months before buying it? By then a few problems should been sorted out, and greater chanses getting a flawless unit with later bash

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: Do you think it would have been better if we waited a couple of months before buying the iPhone 6?

No because the hardware itself is separate from the operating system and installed apps.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
They're not going to change the hardware until the 6S, and iOS 8 will have incremental releases to fix bugs. iOS 8 is buggy but it's getting better. If you want to get it, no need to wait. If you want to wait for better hardware, wait.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you think it would have been better if we (iphone 6 users) waited a couple of months before buying it? By then a few problems should been sorted out, and greater chanses getting a flawless unit with later bash

What hardware problems have you encountered that would have been solved/eliminated by waiting? I don’t have an iPhone 6 (mine is the 6 Plus), but I have ZERO hardware issues with my phone. What few glitches that I was initially experiencing (biggest one was screen issues related to rotating between landscape and portrait orientation) were largely solved with the iOS 8.1 update.

So I would have to answer your question with a resounding "No!". YMMV

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
But arent they going to change minor design flaws in later versions? When 6s comes everybody will sell their 6 for 6s

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Apple has a one year warranty. If you got something flawed, they'd exchange it. I don't see a need to wait. Now if you were want a more bug free iOS and more optimized apps, that's another story. But people are having problems finding a Plus in stock if you waited..

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
But arent they going to change minor design flaws in later versions? When 6s comes everybody will sell their 6 for 6s

WHAT "minor design flaws"? I’ve asked previously for a list (or even a single item) that is a "hardware design flaw".

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
it definitely would've been better for me to wait a month or so like when i got my 4S. My iphone 6 has issues that are not iOS 8 related. I've tried all the fixes apple recommended but none worked. i bought a bad day one device, simple as that, even the applecare people told me that. I'm working with apple now to try and get a replacement.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Apple has a one year warranty. If you got something flawed, they'd exchange it. I don't see a need to wait. Now if you were want a more bug free iOS and more optimized apps, that's another story. But people are having problems finding a Plus in stock if you waited..

Somtimes they just repair your phone, not always exchange for a new one..

Feels like they try to repair it at place rather than give you a new

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
it definitely would've been better for me to wait a month or so like when i got my 4S. My iphone 6 has issues that are not iOS 8 related. I've tried all the fixes apple recommended but none worked. i bought a bad day one device, simple as that, even the applecare people told me that. I'm working with apple now to try and get a replacement.

What issues you are having, that are hardware related? I have had a couple of app problems but uninstalling and reinstalling them took care of it.

Just curious.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Read rewNATIONs post...

I read his post and STILL don’t know what issues you or he are talking about. Can you be just a bit more specific than "minor design flaws" or "issues that are not iOS 8 related"?

At this point, any legitimate discussion is like nailing jello to a tree.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Somtimes they just repair your phone, not always exchange for a new one..

Feels like they try to repair it at place rather than give you a new

What is wrong with repairing your phone? If you take your car to the dealer for a repair, do they fix it or exchange your car for a new one?

And if they do replace your phone, it will most likely be with a refurbished device (especially after the device has been out for a few months) and there is always a backlash about that.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
What is wrong with repairing your phone? If you take your car to the dealer for a repair, do they fix it or exchange your car for a new one?

And if they do replace your phone, it will most likely be with a refurbished device (especially after the device has been out for a few months) and there is always a backlash about that.

they definitely aren't sending me a refurb, i made sure of that. that's why they put a hold on my credit card for the retail price. applecare guaranteed me a better working device. i'm not going to list everything wrong cuz I'm tired of explaining this stuff multiple times on here and no one helps anyway or they just give generalized answers like "restore and set up as new" - like really? never thought to do that haha. long story short, applecare seems to think i have an issue with my proximity sensor

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you think it would have been better if we waited a couple of months before...

I have heard Don Melton mention that he doesn't yet have a new phone as he doesn't buy Rev A boards. So there is something to it.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Do you think it would have been better if we waited a couple of months before...

I have heard Don Melton mention that he doesn't yet have a new phone as he doesn't buy Rev A boards. So there is something to it.

Certainly didn't stop me! Haven't seen any issues.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Nope, I'm glad I picked it up on release day. No problems, and I get to keep the phone for a full year before I upgrade instead of 10 or 11 months! :)

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes it would have been better if you all held off on buying the new iPhone so it would be easier on me to get my hands on one.

Sent from my HTC M8

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
No I don't think it would have been better if "I" had waited a few months. I'm not sure what I would gain by waiting.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234