Your opinion on Rite Aid and CVS removing NFC payments

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I used to shop at CVS with my nfc-enabled android so knowing they stopped because apple pay makes me kind of angry but Walgreens will be getting my service.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Using  Pay at my local Subway - such awesome technology and the receipt besides needing no signature has zero info about my cc ... Not even last 4 digits.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am not going to read the whole thread.. so I am sure a lot has been rehashed. I wanted to post how surprised a post can go from "ON TOPIC" to arguments over posts and opinions. Adding fuel to the fire gets peoples more involved and egos are at stake. Remove the ego remove the problem.

As for MCX vs Apple Pay and of course Google Wallet it's very simple.. Apple will win. Why, not because I like iOS products, it's because it's what the consumer wants and those not accepting will see a decline, not huge, but enough to notice. Most will cave and take both. With required changes to card readers by end of 2105 and MCX not rolled out yet and the breach they already had this past week with emails stolen it's clear they have only the merchants in mind, not the consumer, unless your discount coupons and advertising spam emails are more important than ease of use and security.

My current primary card on Apple Pay is my debit card through Capitol One 360 so it comes out of my bank, but with the safety of the card. Also I get points an rewards. I can use a CC if I choose to also get points and rewards. Yes, I can't use my "store card" (I don't; have one) at a store this way, but so goes life, pull the card out of your pocket.

The whole concept of 5 steps to pay with the MCX version is crazy, too much data exchanges and I don't want to hand my phone over to someone behind the counter that just may have scratched their _________ 4 min before.. I put that thing by my face.

It's now a battle of the big boy retailers vs consumers.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I am not going to read the whole thread.. so I am sure a lot has been rehashed. I wanted to post how surprised a post can go from "ON TOPIC" to arguments over posts and opinions. Adding fuel to the fire gets peoples more involved and egos are at stake. Remove the ego remove the problem.

As for MCX vs Apple Pay and of course Google Wallet it's very simple.. Apple will win. Why, not because I like iOS products, it's because it's what the consumer wants and those not accepting will see a decline, not huge, but enough to notice. Most will cave and take both. With required changes to card readers by end of 2105 and MCX not rolled out yet and the breach they already had this past week with emails stolen it's clear they have only the merchants in mind, not the consumer, unless your discount coupons and advertising spam emails are more important than ease of use and security.

My current primary card on Apple Pay is my debit card through Capitol One 360 so it comes out of my bank, but with the safety of the card. Also I get points an rewards. I can use a CC if I choose to also get points and rewards. Yes, I can't use my "store card" (I don't; have one) at a store this way, but so goes life, pull the card out of your pocket.

The whole concept of 5 steps to pay with the MCX version is crazy, too much data exchanges and I don't want to hand my phone over to someone behind the counter that just may have scratched their _________ 4 min before.. I put that thing by my face.

It's now a battle of the big boy retailers vs consumers.

well said!!

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Using  Pay at my local Subway - such awesome technology and the receipt besides needing no signature has zero info about my cc ... Not even last 4 digits.

I do that at work two days a week. Such a flawless and easy to use payment system. Every time I use it at the cash register the cashier and others utter "that is so cool."

If you have not used it, then do yourself a favor and use it. It is worth having an iPhone 6 simply for ApplePay.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
When I go to McDonalds I park the car, walk inside to order just so I can use the NFC scanner and my iP6. I'm sure there?s some kind of usage data being collected, if there is I want them to know what preferred mobile payment method I use.

dougef2

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
One day last week I needed a small item - drove right past the CVS went a bit further down the road and bought it at Walgreens. Used Apple Pay. I hardly ever went to Walgreens in the past.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My credit union isn't supported yet, but if Apple Pay is that difficult to use (like the video of the Nexus embedded in the article) I will just continue to swipe.

Apple Pay is so much easier than that video. Just hold phone close touch ID and you done.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Okris30

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I am still shopping at CVS because I have to thanks to my insurance locking me down where I can go to get my blood pressure medicine. I do prefer to pay with Apple pay but I won't stop shopping at stores that don't accept it. They still allow me to swipe my card and pay with Debit, credit or just use cash instead. They can continue to pay the fees for all I care. However, I will not use CurrentC. If retailers drop everything for CurrentC then I will stop shopping altogether at the stores. I don't see that happening though. I see them still allowing the use of CC as another option for payment with CurrentC being available as well. Eventually, I do see NFC being picked up more and more as consumers continue to use Apple Pay, Google Wallet, Softcard, etc. I use NFC regularly at Subway and it works flawlessly. Even amazed the one cashier at one of the Subways. It also works well at McDonalds too. I will use Apple Pay where NFC is taken as my first form of payment but will continue to use cards as well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2