iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a hard time deciding which phone to get. Initially I wanted the 6 Plus, but since it's not readily available in my area, I might go with the regular 6. Another reason for going with the 6 instead of the 6 Plus is that there would be more of a reason for me to get the iPad Air 2 as well. If I had the 6 Plus I might not need the iPad Air 2 as much.

For those of you who have the 6 instead of the 6 Plus, what features made you get the 6 instead of the 6 Plus and why?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a hard time deciding which phone to get. Initially I wanted the 6 Plus, but since it's not readily available in my area, I might go with the regular 6. Another reason for going with the 6 instead of the 6 Plus is that there would be more of a reason for me to get the iPad Air 2 as well. If I had the 6 Plus I might not need the iPad Air 2 as much.

For those of you who have the 6 instead of the 6 Plus, what features made you get the 6 instead of the 6 Plus and why?

I chose the 6 because I like the 4.7 inch screen size. Also the things that the 6+ has over the 6 like auto stabilization were not important to me. The 6 in my opinion is the perfect sized phone. Don't feel like you are getting the lesser phone by choosing the 6 because they run the same chip and can do almost the same things capability wise just need to decide what's important to you personally

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Went looked at both day after launch, held both and the 6 for me just felt better. The screen for me was bigger than my 5s but not so big that I would have an issue carrying it around.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
The size of the "6" was perfect. No need for OIS or bigger battery as I have heard the gains from them aren't as major one would think.

dseiden

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I used both and you really have to try them. If you can handle the size of the plus then it is worth it. But it is large and for some will be just too big.

I am keeping the plus for myself and upgrading my wife by giving her the 6. With the plus I will retire my iPad.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I initially bought the iPhone 6 plus but exchanged it for the 6. For me the size and portability of the 6 outweighed any performance advantages that the 6 plus has over the 6.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I like the size of the 6. It also scores higher in benchmarks than the 6+ ( :D ) and it can be used one-handed.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Basically the only differences between the 6 and 6 Plus are as follows:

Screen resolution and size (4.7" vs 5.5"; 1334 by 750 vs 1920 by 1080)

Slight differences in the camera (digital stabilization vs OIS)

Almost same battery life as 5s vs much better battery life

Is there anything else that is missing?

LeDave

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Basically the only differences between the 6 and 6 Plus are as follows:

Screen resolution and size (4.7" vs 5.5"; 1334 by 750 vs 1920 by 1080)

Slight differences in the camera (digital stabilization vs OIS)

Almost same battery life as 5s vs much better battery life

Is there anything else that is missing?

The iPhone 6 also records 1080p video like the 6+ right?

EDIT: Also one more question, the iPhone 6 + is more popular than the 6 right? My dad and cousin are awaiting their iPhone 6+, one is AT&T and the other is T-Mobile. I got my 6 shipped after ordering the next day. My dad and cousin still haven't gotten theirs shipped even after ordering before me. Mine is Gold and so is theirs, but they got the bigger phone.