Inbox by Gmail! Anyone try it?

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I got my original invite which I sent to google. What I think is if you receive an invitation off a friend you cannot invite others.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Eh, it's ok I guess. Nothing to write home about. This app is sorely lacking a multi delete feature.

I agree, with the massive amount of SPAM I get and how I can quickly delete 10-20-30 emails in gmail at a time I will stick with gmail. With inbox it's bring up to the top something i purchased online 5-months ago under purchases. Convoluted, mess of an application, can't get rid of it fast enough.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I agree, with the massive amount of SPAM I get and how I can quickly delete 10-20-30 emails in gmail at a time I will stick with gmail. With inbox it's bring up to the top something i purchased online 5-months ago under purchases. Convoluted, mess of an application, can't get rid of it fast enough.

I'm going to keep it for a bit longer just to see if they correct issues with updates.

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple invites. The only requirement is that you're an active member. No one post posters.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've never used the stock Gmail app. But I think it's just a cleaner look and I also like that it defaults to all inboxes while the default mail app always defaults to my iCloud account for me.

Stock Gmail app? I think they meant the Gmail app. Stock is what comes on the phone. Android phones may have a stock Gmail app though.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how many invites I have as they have just come through? I will give them out on a first come first serve basis. Send a PM for an invite.

Last edited:

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried it for like 2 days. It's a bit confusing and requires to much input to organize your email. Although it would be great to not be bothered by small spam emails, I think I'll stick to the stock app before I miss out on an important email. Too many folders!

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I tried it this afternoon. I do like it. Feels very snappy and does help me clearing the inbox fast this compared to the stock mail app, the Gmail app and a few others I tried.
The new categories need some training, basically they behave like filters and Gmail didn't recognize correct categories for many of them.

The option to set reminders isn't useful for me, doesn't integrate with the stock reminder app which reminders shows up in calendar 5.

So far so good, will use it for a while and for me it might be a keeper.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2