Inbox by Gmail! Anyone try it?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have. It's pretty nice. I did find something that is not awesome today. I've received 3-4 calendar invites and I am unable to accept/decline the invites in the Inbox app. I had to go back to the gmail app to accept them. Lame.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am not impressed it's overdone and over complicated for an email app. Even the online version that is a copy of the app is too much, too cluttered. So far CloudMagic has been the best email application. Wish they had a Win-7 version. I am using EM-Client on my computers, but I still can't find an email that is clean and simple w/o over-thinking itself. I remember back around 1992 beta testing for Intuit for Quicken. It was a nice way to manage your checkbook. Then Quickbooks, nice way to manage a business. Now it's like landing a 747. Sometimes less is more.

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm still testing it out. Google finally sent my invite a couple days ago. The layout and instructions can be a bit confusing at times. The only thing that I wish they included was the ability to actually delete items (emails) from the trash.

Freeak

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I also got an invite and I dindn`t like it. My Gmail app works better for me...

I can`t invite other peoples. Is this normal?

MilliwaysPub

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I wish I was. I had sent an email requesting an invite but for some reason I sent it from my non Gmail account and now the invite wont work lol

Can those that are using Inbox send out invites or are those only sent from Google?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am not impressed it's overdone and over complicated for an email app. Even the online version that is a copy of the app is too much, too cluttered. So far CloudMagic has been the best email application. Wish they had a Win-7 version. I am using EM-Client on my computers, but I still can't find an email that is clean and simple w/o over-thinking itself. I remember back around 1992 beta testing for Intuit for Quicken. It was a nice way to manage your checkbook. Then Quickbooks, nice way to manage a business. Now it's like landing a 747. Sometimes less is more.

CloudMagic is my favorite email client. But the printed text is hard for me to read. It's too light and washed out. I wish they had a Dark theme. I can use "invert colors", but images look weird. I find it odd that there is no email client that offers a dark theme.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods