Which is your Map of choice: Google or Apple?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
trollbait_by_nostrildarmus-d39nddv.png

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I like Google Maps but I know on my 5s I was able to get voice assist but can't seem to get it to work on my 6. I have it turned on in the settings so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sam_Lee

Banned
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I am a traveler and loves to explore new places so maps are really important for me. It doesn't really matter if what kind of application. I used either Google or Apple maps. Before I used such things or applications, I usually read reviews about that certain product. Netizens reviews have a great impact on how I purchased and used products and services.

Last edited:

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Maps: Google or Apple?

Google maps all the way. As long as your jail broken you can make it the default gps app. But even if I'm not jail broken I don't mind copying over addresses to use it. Google maps is just so much better than Apple maps even without the ios integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
If I'm saying local, meaning in the state of Florida, i use Apple maps. But, if I'm traveling i use the 3rd party Garmin app.

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Google maps for now. It actually depends on how I'm getting to where I need to go. If there's tolls and I don't want to take tolls, I use google maps. If I can take tolls, i would use apple maps. I mostly use google maps now, since apple is retarded and doesn't want to allow you to avoid tolls, which is a stupid idea in my opinion, but I'm sure they will add that option in the future.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I use Apple Maps as much as possible. Sometimes a place just won't come up in Apple Maps, that's when I'll use Google Maps.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Google maps. Better data in my area and it lets me save offline maps when I travel overseas and without Internet access.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Apple Maps as my main driver but one day I was driving somewhere and it didn't avoid all the blocked off roads so I had to figure out a way around them. Ill probably download Google maps today and use it more just for real world problems.

jprice912

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm a heavy Google Maps user, but recently I got an iPhone and decided to give Apple Maps a try. So far it has been going well and I like its integration within iOS such as the lock screen and such. I'm going to continue to give it a test run for awhile.

deosculate

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was just in Denver and thought I'd give Apple Maps a try since I just switched back to iPhone.

I love the integration but I still ended up going back to google maps after getting stuck in traffic everywhere I went. Google maps rerouted me around and saved me up to 30 minutes on my commutes.

nkf561

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
A year or so ago my reply to this question in another thread was Google. With lots of new construction in the area, Google would have streets added within weeks of opening while streets that had been open for three years weren't on Apple Maps. After iOS8, I decided to give Apple Maps a try since I hadn't even opened it in 6-8 months. I was pleasantly surprised and now use it as my primary map source. Still a few hiccups as I'm out and about so I have Google Maps stuffed in a folder a page or two back just for those times that I really need it but, it's pretty rare now.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm one of the lucky people who has never had a problem with Apple Maps. It's always gotten me where I needed to be. If for any reason it falls I still have Navigon that I won from iMore several years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple mostly bc of integration with everything. But lately, it has routed me incorrectly so I may go back to google maps. I also use waze.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro