Which is your Map of choice: Google or Apple?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Maps: Google or Apple?

I prefer Apple because of their great 3D support for the United States. Google maps is better if you need streetview

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I used to use Google Maps exclusively because of the stock Maps debacle but have since moved back to primarily using Apple Maps. It has been improved a lot since the release of iOS 7. I will sometimes use Waze bc it's fun ... or when I want real time traffic info. But overall, Apple Maps is the way I go now. It's nicely integrated into the other stock apps so more convenient.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Google Maps and this is ONLY because Google has an avoiding tolls option. That's a deal breaker for me.....sadly.

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I've never had an issue with Apple Maps. I used to use Google Maps and may still use it from time to time, but Apple Maps is just dandy for me also!!!!

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I try to use Apple Maps, but it still gets me lost at least one out of every three times I use it... and even when it does get me where I am going, it is often not the most efficient route.

One example: I was in a nearby town and wanted to stop at a market for some groceries before heading home. Apple Maps got me to the store, but as I approached, Maps said to go straight, past the shopping complex, wait at the light, make a U-turn, then head back to the complex and enter on my right. Instead, I made a left about half a block before the U-turn, and entered the same shopping complex immediately. It's not a big deal, but that sort of thing happens often. It's just those sort of little inefficiencies that irk me and really show that Apple Maps still needs a decent amount of polishing.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had a few issues with Apple maps lately so I have been using google more and more. I have a second job delivering Pizza's Friday and Saturday nights and google maps seems to work better for the most part. Although it is usually wrong on how long it'll take to arrive at the destination.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711