Google Now vs SIRI

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I prefer GoogleNow's functionality, but with it running full on, it kills battery. Monitoring your location 24/7 tends to have that impact.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I've never used a Windows phone but Cortana ftw! But maybe I'm only saying that because I'm a Halo fan.

Sent from my HTC M8

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
What makes me nervous about Google Now is the feeling that everything is tracked and used. I am not saying Apple doesn't, but that is Googles business model. What happens if the model changes. Their executives have said some pretty scary things in the past that appeared in the news. It makes me feel uncomfortable. Especially when a couple of my friends who work for Google won't use their Gmail accounts for personal emails. Also, that they have iPhones or Windows phones and don't have android phones for home use.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
If you want to carry on a conversation with your phone then use Siri. If you want to actually get useful information then use Google Now.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
If you want to carry on a conversation with your phone then use Siri. If you want to actually get useful information then use Google Now.

I don't agree with that I have uses Cortana, Siri and Google Now. My Favorite is Cortana because of all the functionality, but second has to be Siri. All Google Now is more of an advanced interactive search that the others provide also. The best things about the others is that they are more personalized to you.

A.B.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I don't prefer anything Google so I stick to Siri. I don't like how Google wants you to sign in everywhere and then explicitly go into the dashboard and select what to save and what not to save on Google servers to enable them to provide targeted ads. Again, just a personal preference...

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I prefer Google Now, and especially how well it works when used with an Android device, like my M8. However, Siri is not too bad. It works pretty good for iPhone related tasks, and does ok for general web searches, etc. That's the beauty of having both Google Now and Siri available on on the iPhone. Options. This is from my subjective point of view.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Google now blows the competition out of the water when it comes to accuracy and dictation. That is what is important to me so I go with Google Now.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
ROTFLMAO. Stop it, Stop it, I can't breath

I am sorry. That is my experience. I have used them all. Google Now is most accurate for my uses. Not to mention all the tests they throw at the 3, Google Now always comes out on top.

You don't have to like it.

I ask Siri where the nearest Qdoba is and she has no idea what I am talking about.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I understand if you need a search engine, but that is all it can do. It does not work as an assistance. It does not interact with apps within the system to the degree that is needed all the time. Dictation accuracy is more of a qualitative result depending on voice.

If you think about it Siri and Cortana can be compared correctly because they are the same type of application. Google Now is a different type of search engine.

A.B.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR