iPhone 6 - AT&T data and calls!

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Initially I thought it could be the software and I even sent bugs feedback to Apple but with the new software this happens.

AT&T NYC LTE - when I am on the phone call the data switches from LTE to 4G but it does not flip back to LTE right away after I hang up. Also, there is no data connection to AT&T even though it shows 4G on the top. This has happened at multiple locations at multiple times when I'm moving and when I'm not moving.

If I turn of cellular data and turn it back on it works right away, if I flip the airplane mode on and off it works right away, if I restart the phone it works right away, if I reset network settings it works right away. Has happened a few times since 8.1 but has happened few times before that. Cannot point the finger at the hardware, SIM or AT&T at this point.

Anyone else having this issue? Any recommendations? I'm planning to get the SIM changed today as that is the easiest thing on the list.

Also, I never restore from backup. It is always a fresh clean install.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'd take it to a Genius Bar, and replicate the issue for them... They may do a warranty exchange, or they'll know if it's an issue that is to be addressed by a software update.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Got a replacement SIM at lunch; will test it for a couple days and then head down to the Apple Store if it does not work.

This is a weird issue though, I could replicate the same at the AT&T store before replacing the SIM. Tried it couple times after the new SIM and iPhone flips to LTE right away after I hang up the call.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2