Otto Box Case (Symmetry Series) failed me

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
All ordered up. Will be here Friday. I liked Tech 21 Tactical, but I found more available reviews for CandyShell Grip iPhone 6 case.

A.B.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow I don't think any comparable cases are going to prevent that.
Sounds like you had an unfortunate front drop and something contacted the screen.

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the black/gray Speck grip case but gave it to my roommate and got the Otterbox Defender for my iPhone 6 and I love the Defender case but have a couple issues with it.

1. The thin film over the Touch ID can be a pain at times.
2. The power button can be hard to push in at times.

However, after reading a few posts up, I decided to go ahead and remove the built-in screen protector on my Defender case (like I did on my iPhone 5c) and now it works a lot better. All in all I may still go back to the grip case by Speck it was pretty awesome. Though I tell ya, its a pain to take off if and when you want to clean away dust.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
dont like candy shell series at ALL. mine was full of scratches after like a week, looked like ive had it for year, really dont see how it would offer more protection then the symmetry series. Dont like symmetry but love my defender case.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the symmetry case and otterbox defender case and love both.... Otterbox makes top quality products

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
All,

I think I am going to order the Speck Product CandyShell Grip iPhone 6 case.

Amazon.com: Speck Products CandyShell Grip Case for iPhone 6 - Black/Slate Grey: Cell Phones & Accessories

You comments?

A.B.

Speck really makes good cases but the back can get scratches really quick which maybe a deal breaker to some. Honestly it doesn't bother me, I've had Speck for the iPhone 4 and 5 and it really has done well for protection. The iPhone 4 once took a hard drop with the Speck and only Speck got chipped, iPhone 4 was unharmed.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the speck candy shell grip on my 6 and don't have any scratch issues. Use the same case for my mini

Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My son had his Galaxy S5 in a Lifeproof & he dropped it on the stairs, the screen cracked on the inside of the phone & the darn thing won't power up. He paid $80 for that stupid thing.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
It has been 3 mouths since I ordered my Speck Products CandyShell Grip Case and I love it!! The Grip part is the best. It has not slipped out of my hands at all!!! It has dropped a couple of times and nothing happened. I am very careful now!!!

A.B.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
People mentioned (awhile back.. Sorry new to the forums!) that the candyshell scratches easy. Yes they do but I bought mine at AT&T store because they have (stated on the box) an "exclusive scratch resistant" version of the regular candyshell (plus a faceplate version as well). I bought two of them. One red. One black. None of them scratch! So if you want a candyshell purchase it from AT&T. In my experience (every user is different) I've had no scratching. Not a single one! I wish speck would offer this finish on all their products as I've seen everyone mention how they don't like the scratch factor. I ordered one from them and it came out of the box scratched. All they have to do is use the anti scratch finish! But yeah currently only AT&T has that version that I could see. Trust me though it makes the case perfect. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice