iPhone 6 still losing signal - iOS 8.1

La Trotter

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I am having major issues with my iPhone 6. Or it could be T-Mobile bad services. I am still having drop callas, my text message taking forever to go orbit times out. Any one on T-Mobile experiencing issues or is it just me. I have had this phone replace 3 times already. I have always been a iPhone lover but I would rather go back to my 5, or 5s better yet my 4s then to have my 6 that's how bad I am disliking my phone. Located in Arlington, TX

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I am having major issues with my iPhone 6. Or it could be T-Mobile bad services. I am still having drop callas, my text message taking forever to go orbit times out. Any one on T-Mobile experiencing issues or is it just me. I have had this phone replace 3 times already. I have always been a iPhone lover but I would rather go back to my 5, or 5s better yet my 4s then to have my 6 that's how bad I am disliking my phone. Located in Arlington, TX

I'm on T-Mobile and have none of the issues you speak of. I doubt it's the iPhone's problem, more like the carrier if you have dropped calls and texts not going through.

Kelly Cole

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on I phone 6+ on T-moble network. I have to continuously restart my phone to get connection. Very aggravating!! I just got this phone last week. I just want it to work properly!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I just got T'mobile and that is when my issues began...

Go into your Settings - General and scroll down to "Reset" and select "Reset Network Settings".

My mother is on T-Mobile and I gave her my old 5S recently and she started having that issue. The resetting network thing worked fine.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem on my iPhone 6 on Verizon. But it's only on one tower near my work. I'll notice the phone go from LTE to 3G then down to 1x. Then it will just say "verizon" and eventually then to "No Service". After about a minute or if I turn to airplane mode and back, LTE will come right back without an issue. Most days it doesn't happen, maybe once a week or so and when it does. It will do it like 3 times in 2 hours. The phone doesn't do it anywhere else except for at my work. I think it's a tower/network issue.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Question for those having signal drops: Are you using a case? If so, have you tried removing the case to see if signal improves? I've had several cases over the past few years that have negative impact on signal, particularly in areas where signal is not all that great in the first place. Most of the problem cases for me were aluminum, or partially made with aluminum.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Question for those having signal drops: Are you using a case? If so, have you tried removing the case to see if signal improves? I've had several cases over the past few years that have negative impact on signal, particularly in areas where signal is not all that great in the first place. Most of the problem cases for me were aluminum, or partially made with aluminum.

I never use aluminium cases, only TPU and I still have the issue on occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dragos Paun1

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Turning off the 4G work for us. Whenever traveling to other countries in EU my wife lost the signal -> No Service. At home it worked well because there is a 4G network. After switching off 4G she has a stable signal => my 5S does not have the problem so it must be something in the 6.

Thanks for the post and the help!!

thanks59300

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
When u say set up as new do u mean use new name etc. or use same name and email as if you were upgrading a phone? Still kind of confused when told set up as new in this respect. Worry about contacts and messages and pictures if use whole new identity. I realize instructions say back up first but wouldn't I need original name to retrieve contacts etc?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen