Apple Pay

ls108

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Since Apple Pay launched today has anyone had a chance to use it yet in a real world setting. If so how was the process ?

Thanks

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Since Apple Pay launched today has anyone had a chance to use it yet in a real world setting. If so how was the process ?

Thanks

I haven't even been able to upgrade the OS yet. Stuck at work and we don't do wifi here.
:crying:

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm at the Apple Store and right now downloading iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 6. I think I might be able to test Apple pay as I'm here to replace a water damaged iPhone 5S via Apple Care.

Lets see if it is accepted here... :p

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm at the Apple Store and right now downloading iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 6. I think I might be able to test Apple pay as I'm here to replace a water damaged iPhone 5S via Apple Care.

Lets see if it is accepted here... :p

Keep Us posted!!

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
8.1 Loaded very smoothly no problems loaded up two credit cards..I was surprised that no Master Cards are accepted at this time just Chase Visa Wells Fargo and AMEX. When I tried loading the Master Card which is a Chase card it would not accept it. Ok so I tried to load a Chase Visa Amazon Card and it would not accept at this time so I ended up loading my AMEX and Wells Fargo at this time,,,I have not tried at this time to use it.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I updated and set up Apple Pay: Found out that my main debit/credit card is not supported (Schwab) but I also have a BoA one so I entered that, it was very easy. Now I have yet to use it, I hope to try it today.

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping we'll get to see Apple Pay support here in Canada, eventually...

Read a few articles claiming that the banks (or at least TD) aren't expecting it here for at least another year. That's disappointing if so. We have such an abundance of NFC-enabled pay terminals here, it would be rather silly of the banks/credit co's here not to take advantage of it. Especially if it's just because of Apple's tiny service fee/cut of the payment amounts...

As of yet, unless I'm doing something wrong, the Passbook app on my 6 (iOS 8.1 of course) doesn't even let me scan in a credit card, so I'm assuming it's currently disabled for non-US users?

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
8.1 Loaded very smoothly no problems loaded up two credit cards..I was surprised that no Master Cards are accepted at this time just Chase Visa Wells Fargo and AMEX. When I tried loading the Master Card which is a Chase card it would not accept it. Ok so I tried to load a Chase Visa Amazon Card and it would not accept at this time so I ended up loading my AMEX and Wells Fargo at this time,,,I have not tried at this time to use it.

I stand corrected BOfA Master Card is accepted..

gcantrell

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Set up my BoA and Capital One cards. Cap One was easier as it didn't require me to call them to set it up, i was able to set it up using the Cap One app. Now i need to test it! :)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It works like a charm - I only had AMEX added from the iTunes account so didn't need to select anything.

Yep set up Apple Pay and it saw my Amex in iTunes and asked if I wanted to use that.

I am all set up and ready to shop on the way home from work :)

garyrh

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

It would not load my Amazon Chase Visa either. I was able to load my Chase Visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Grrrr.

My bank (credit union) is not participating because "to use Apple Pay you have to take a photo of your credit/debit card and it gets stored in the 'cloud'. You know, Apple's cloud was recently hacked. So we are not participating in an effort to protect you". Not sure how you fight this kind of ignorance.

And yes, I am looking for a new bank. Wow.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Grrrr.

My bank (credit union) is not participating because "to use Apple Pay you have to take a photo of your credit/debit card and it gets stored in the 'cloud'. You know, Apple's cloud was recently hacked. So we are not participating in an effort to protect you". Not sure how you fight this kind of ignorance.

And yes, I am looking for a new bank. Wow.

You're kidding.