Apple Pay

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You don't need to store a photo of your card. I added a card and I had the option to take a photo to read the numbers or I could enter it manually

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember hearing in the ApplePay announcement that Tim Cook said Apple does not have your account number info anywhere (EDIT: verified in the link I gave below). Wells Fargo told me its actually using a digital account number that is different than your plastic card number, your real acct number that is, which is why you can continue to use your plastic card if your phone is lost/stolen. You can read about it here - in fact the picture taken is encrypted but as Hank said you don't have to take a picture.
Apple Pay security and privacy overview

I added 1 AMEX, verified an AMEX for iTunes, added 2 VISA, and 1 debit. These were Wells Fargo, and Chase. The Chase required 2 step verification as an additional step in verify, maybe because my account is set up that way.

The security explanation I gave the link to is interesting - the digital acct number is unique to a device, and stored encrypted in the SecureElement on the device so iOS doesn't have access to it.

Nothing is perfect, but I suspect soon we will laugh at the banks that think carrying around plastic with your name and account number visible, and your info on an easily readable magnetic strip, is secure :)

rbragg5

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
My bank doesn't accept Apple Pay yet, USAA. Go figure they were supposed to be one of the first then decided not to open it up the day Apple decided to update. :/

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Used the card I've got in iTunes. Now I can't wait to use it at Starbucks this morning.
Wish the DC Metro would be using it already.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Wells. Fargo set right up nice and easy ready to go.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Although I don't live in the States right now, I will be going back there for the holidays. I looked at my credit card's website, and right there on the front page was "Apple Pay will be coming this Fall". Very nice. Now all I have to do is wait for Japan to get the service. That might take a while. :(

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Capital one here.....I had it linked to iTunes purchases....So it was easy...It's in my passbook too...Do I have to download the capital one wallet? I don't think so...Just wondering.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
USAA here also. The only thing I can find, it says later this fall. Seems like they should be jumping on board soon.

They are enabling it on November 7th, but only on Visa and MC cards, AMEX states to be coming "at a later date."

I wish I could use it now, but I guess 2 weeks wait isn't a big deal. I do however have 2 AMEX cards with them, which won't be working until who knows when. Oh well, I love USAA regardless. Best bank I've ever had, hands down.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Used it again for lunch today at Panera Bread - also, heard from the co-worker that he was able to use it at the local Jamba Juice place which had a NFC reader.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I tried it today at my job's cafeteria. We've been promoting NFC (ISIS/Softcard) so thought I'd give it a try with Apple Pay. Worked like a charm with my capital one card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox