Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By plantemichel
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

326 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,779 Global Posts

Default Strange Carrier Negativity

So called Verizon to get help with a Verizon issue with Backup Plus App and the Rep went on a total rant about a ton of issues and major returns with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. I love my iPhone 6...and explained to her this was a Verizon App issue and she went on and on. Anyone experience anything like this? Usually carriers are quick to defend Apple.
    iMore Genius

20,842 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,723 Global Posts

Default Re: Strange Carrier Negativity

You might have got a rep that was just having a bad day... I'd try again...
    iMore Intermediate

252 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,231 Global Posts

Verizon makes more money on Android devices then they do with apple, I have noticed that push Android.
    iMore Newbie

11 Posts

actually, i went in to look at a 5s in my local AT&T store (this was a little while back), and the store manager was fine until i told him what i wanted to look at... then i got a huge rant about how apple sucks, and they sued other phone makers, blah blah blah... i left the store. I've done my research and know what i want, don't try to sway me into buying what you want me to buy... later i was talking to a rep in a different store, and he told me alot of stores really push android phones because they get a much bigger cut than on apple devices. Makes sense, due to their popularity, apple probably has more leverage to negotiate terms than htc or samsung (not to mention the hundreds of lower quality android manufacturers!).
    iMore Intermediate

213 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

A girl in radio shack of all places told me apple is on the downside and they can't sell phones anymore just cause I asked her if they had iPhone cases lol. She said sorry you got that phone cause you'll be the only one with one. I asked her if she saw that they sold 10 mil in a weekend, she told me most of them got returned cause people saw that mother changed on the iPhone. This was at radio shack of all places. I think people just hate that apple ain't Samsung and change 5000 things every 6 months
    iMore Intermediate

194 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

I'll never let a rep tell me what to buy or not buy. And if he or she said they don't sell it I'll go elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    nr2d likes this.
    iMore Elite

2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,878 Global Posts

A sales person has only purpose; make money for themselves. They will say and do anything to make a sale if it will put money in their pocket. They probably don't actually hate any company or device, they just want to get paid. If their boss says you will get extra money for pushing device X they will push and try to sell what ever that device happens to be. That is their job.

Don't take it personally.

You got a rep who either loves another OS or he's got way too many device returns and is venting.

Probably a bit of both from what I'm deducting out of it.