I tried to hold off

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
But I had to break down and go get the bulky *** OB defender...

I had the glass from shield on the phone and it cracked after a drop which they replaced for free ....

But I'm rough with phones ... I drop a few times a month - I pocket them with keys etc ...

What pisses me off is the OB isn't waterproof? I mean come on calling yourself the #1 case lacking that aspect is annoying ...

I'll wait till the lifeproof case is testy though I refuse pay too much for it ...

Apple is overdue to make a waterproof phone .... Also I think they'd have a huge profit to be made be developing a niche " rugged iPhone "....

Overall not a terrible case this OBD and it gives me peace of mind for the most part.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ottterbox actually owns Lifeproof. So they do make a waterproof case, but the defender is not. Not everybody needs a waterproof case. It actually cuts down on call clarity. I had a Lifeproof for my 5S but rarely used it because of this. I honestly don't think a rugged iPhone fits apple. Everything they have is very elegant looking. I don't think a rugged iPhone would do this. Especially when people can buy a case to make it rugged.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
1) otterbox defender has NEVER been waterproof, that's what the Preserver is for whenever they release it for the 6

2) you want a waterproof case like a lifeproof but you don't want to pay too much for it? You want protection like that, it's gonna cost more...that's life.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the OB Defender bought for me as a gift. While it is bulky I will admit, it does do the job. I do think I am going to go back to my Tech 21 case and grab a tempered screen protector that Tech 21 makes now.

ClickClack

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Save - Football with the kids yesterday : phone in jacket comes spinning out from about 4 feet on cement - if no case , or anything but the OBD the phone is shattered - not a scratch , case Perfect not even a dust mark.
Whew

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal