Space grey or white?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I tried a white 4S and it got annoying to me after a while so I've only had space gray and black phones since then

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had a gold 6 and 6+. I've also had a space grey 6 and 6+. The space grey IMHO is definitely nicer. However, the white face plates don't show that the glass screen protectors don't adhere around the edges.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had a gold 6 and 6+. I've also had a space grey 6 and 6+. The space grey IMHO is definitely nicer. However, the white face plates don't show that the glass screen protectors don't adhere around the edges.

Sure they do! I've had two -- both had issues. The current one isn't adhered at the bottom left but I don't see that as much as the one before that was top right. :)

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Sure they do! I've had two -- both had issues. The current one isn't adhered at the bottom left but I don't see that as much as the one before that was top right. :)

Ok maybe just not as obvious as on the space grey. I switched over the the Zagg HDX full body. No issues with the curved edges.

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had the white 5 and 5s so this time I went with the space gray for my 6. It does show more smudges but it doesn't bother me at all. I wanted something different since the last 3 years I have had a white phone. It's up to you they both look great, it's just a matter of personal preference.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The black face seems best for videos, you tube, movies, tv shows, pictures. The black lets you focus in on what you are viewing, not the surrounding border. With that said most of the apps have lighter back grounds and integrate best with the white face. So if you mostly e-mail, blog, surf forums, the white face blends better. I have had both in previous iPhones and liked them both.

This time I went with space grey/black face. Using Apple black leather case so entire phone is black. I even loaded up jet black back ground so the apps sit on a totally black front. Can't readily see where screen line is. Whole front face looks like the screen. Black face also hides the front camera, and proximity sensor as well as minimizing the speaker slit.

Only thing I didn't like about the white face was that the screen has a thin black border all way around. That defines the screen size vs the surrounding bezel size. With black face that border is not noticeable. In end just decide, you will like either. We humans tend to validate our own decisions. We like being right so you will surely enjoy whatever you choose.

View attachment 68729

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all replies. Guess it boils down to personal taste. As I have never owned phone with white bezels, it might do just fine. And I don't look that much video content on phone anymore. Mostly daily web browsing and social networks.
Have reservations on both colors, so gotta see which one gets delivered first 😃

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I used the gold 5s with a white face for the last year always put a skin on it thought the white face was girlie. I went with Space Gray iPhone 6 this time and couldn?t be happier.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
only thing i semi dislike about grey, when you look at in certain angle at times it can look like its dirty but its really just the angle :-/

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This is strictly a matter of personal preference. I prefer the black bezel, which limits my choices for phone color. I really do like the space gray - and will continue to do so. The only white bezeled devices we (wife and kids) we have ever owned was one iPhone 4S (daughter's first iPhone) and one iPad Air (wife's - no black devices available and she wanted it prior to vacation trip).

IMHO, the gold and silver devices are gaudy and ugly. And the white bezels just look odd. But that’s just my preference.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
For me, white bezel is very distracting. It makes colors appear to be more dull to my eyes too. I prefer black as it fades into the background and allows the colors to be vibrant.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Aye,I guess people learns to like the one they decide to buy. In my country there is no "2 week return policy" so the one I buy will be my "main driver" for couple of years. Went today to local shop to try both colors. For some reason the white one was more appealing to use. More pleasant for eyes. No idea why as I have always been on the dark side 😁

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
And about colors, well as I have owned Samsung device with AMOLED display, the vibrant colors are familiar to me. And I think that with SG iPhone you can get as close to that as possible. On white phone I guess the colors are more natural, or dull as mentioned above? So in the end the phone asks you do you like more amoled-type color experience or more natural type color. Do I make any sense with this?😃

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods