Is there anyway to teach iOS 8 to remember things?

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had a droid S5 for a few weeks, i really liked how the phone quickly learned my email address and other commonly typed words or phrases.

It would appear in my suggestions and I would just select it, saved a ton of time.

is there anyway to teach ios8 to remember things like this ?.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
re: is there anyway to teach iOS 8 to remember things?

Yes, My stock 5s (8.0.2) Apple keyboard is learning and remembering my inputs.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: is there anyway to teach iOS 8 to remember things?

hmm wonder why mine is not.

i looked in settings but nothing

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a droid S5 for a few weeks, i really liked how the phone quickly learned my email address and other commonly typed words or phrases.

It would appear in my suggestions and I would just select it, saved a ton of time.

is there anyway to teach ios8 to remember things like this ?.
Have you added a dictionary? Have you added some shortcuts? The predictive dictionary will learn your usage as you go along. For shortcuts as you describe, go to settings>General>Keyboard>Shortcuts>tap the + in the upper right, and add shortcuts. I have found that too many I forget. So I just use a few for email addresses and a couple of often used names. The predictive keyboard needs time to learn your words and typing habits. Hang in there.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Why yours is not what? Oh, I see. It takes time for the dictionary to get in sync with your usage. I can use the predictive text and type some often used sentences by typing only words. Give it time and it will learn your words and typing habits.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The iOS keyboard won't remember your email address in the QuickType area like it does for Android keyboards. I know exactly what you mean.

I don't know if SwiftKey for iOS does that though. You can certainly try it out and see if it does.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: is there anyway to teach iOS 8 to remember things?

It will remember repetitive text but takes a while I enter Meds in my schedule and it took a couple of weeks to finally predict common phrases

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73