Otterbox Defender (Iphone 6) screen protector gap?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't get Otterbox anymore. They just don't seem to fit these phones properly. I've had ones that were curved, slightly warped, the built in protector too far from screen and had one that the built in protector was oddly discolored.

I really have had better luck with tempered glass (On front and back) and a good thick rubber case.

That or Lifeproof. You can't take it off often though as it messes up the seals.

I still have the older model on my 5. It's better than the newer ones. It has the flap cover over the home button. Screen lies flush. Works great. In 2 years I have only removed it 3 times to wipe the inside.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Great... I ordered one for my 6 plus Saturday too. I'll probably remove it & keep my zag on.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

berry_addict

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably give them a call. The only time I had make a change, was at first, when I got the Commuter. The top part was not a great fit, it seem like it was going to flip off anytime. I switched like 3-4 times.

With the Defender, I have it on for quite a while now, and it fits great. Trust me, I care ! Yes the built in plastic screen protector seem to be having a very thin air pocket underneath it, but I haven't experienced any issues typing.

And by that post, I do not mean to be a d*** about it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a few defenders for my 6 Plus and it seems with time they seem to fit better. Same with my sons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessicadeforest

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I purchased one and received it about a week ago, and I noticed the screen gap as well. I haven't been using it since then and just put it on again today to see how tolerable the problem would be. I was afraid it would create problems with touch id. So far, no touch id issues, but the gap significantly impacts the iPhone's responsiveness to screen input. In addition, the protective outer case is stiff enough that you have to push extra hard on the sleep and volume buttons and it's a bit of work to pry the charging port open. As with my previous Otterboxes, the inner case is pretty hard to pry open without tools or damage to fingernails. I guess that makes it less likely to open when you don't want it to, but it seems like there could be SOME concession to ease of opening.

DanMmy

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hmmmm, wondering what kind of case i should buy... Otterbox WAS on my list, but not anymore! I don't want a popular case, I want something special! Something like SENA, DESIGN SKIN, or Vaja. They are not that popular buy i like their style and design. I want a case that is hard to find!

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmmmm, wondering what kind of case i should buy... Otterbox WAS on my list, but not anymore! I don't want a popular case, I want something special! Something like SENA, DESIGN SKIN, or Vaja. They are not that popular buy i like their style and design. I want a case that is hard to find!

Seeing how u wanted an Otterbox, based on assumptions, why not get a LifeProof ?

DanMmy

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Seeing how u wanted an Otterbox, based on assumptions, why not get a LifeProof ?

Thanks so much! I was looking for this kind of phone case!!! Price is quite expensive, but I think it worth the money. But i still gotta think a about it. cause i found designskin's leather case is also fantastic.can't decide which one is better. designskin's price is half the LifeProof's, but i don't think i can make a quick simply choice lol

P.S. by the way, thanks for ur advice #Smply_Rckless#ty

Cosmicviewer

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
My problem, using the same case, was that it depressed the face of the phone so much that it was actually opening apps and randomly typing carachters, as if the phone was hacked. I would remove the case and the problem would go away...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods