Anyone else kinda have buyers remorse for the iPhone 6?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I Iove the overall design of ios7/8 (not my favorite OS design ever but it is still gorgeous). I love the camera. I love having access to the highest quality apps. The iphone is still one of the most beautiful phones ever made. I love how the control center is on the bottom not in the notification shade (wish all OEMs did this). I love how smooth this software is. Oh and the iOS keyboard is the best smart phone on the market (other than windows phone) in my opinion.

So I can't get widgets on my home screen. Never found them
really anymore than pretty much a way to launch an app. Plus in iOS 8 you don't have to be on the home screen to view them so it makes them more useful (I still don't use them though). So I can't get a new launcher or new app icons. I'm not crying that my home screen apps always look the same when I'm inside of a great app having a good user experience.

The software may be limited in aspects like being able to set defaults third party sharing but it doesn't bother me to take a second longer to share something.

And with iOS being more limited adds to the security. Speaking of security, Touch ID is ******* genius.

Not saying iOS is the best mobile OS but it is for me.

Oh I hate having to use iTunes to add music or ringtones to add non iTunes purchased music/ringtones but I'm used it.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I was in android land for the last couple of years. I got devices with all these "cool" features but I rarely used many features after one month. The only thing I miss is the ability to use it as an IR blaster. In my opinion the competition is lagging in many areas apple has solidified. But the point is everything is subjective.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I do have buyer's remorse some days. I go back and forth on how I feel about my iPhone 6. Most days I'm glad I have it but some days I wish I would have gotten an Android this time around. I love the customization options on Android and they have a lot of smart watches to choose from right now too-- but, Jeez, that bloatware drives me bonkers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
No buyer's remorse on my end. I love everything about the iPhone 6. I've been an iPhone user since the 4s (yeah I was a bit late to the iPhone party). However, during my phone time before the iPhone, I went through BlackBerrys, and then moved onto Android. Which initially I loved my Androids, but then it became stale and old to me. I had an iPad 2, a Mac Mini, and several Android devices. I saw how Google at one point would say Android X would be allowed to the next update then a week later they'd renege on what they previously stated and to where sorry no your device isn't eligible for the next update; or they'd set a release date for the devices to be updated, then they'd push it off for another month or two. So I taught myself how to root all of my Android devices to work and do things outside of what Google originally planned for whatever device I was using at the time. But the funny thing is that when Apple released any updates or or new iOS's for my iPad 2, it was always eligible for an update. Yeah there were and still is a few bells and whistles that were not compatible with my iPad 2. But to stop and think a minute that my iPad 2, which I still have and use everyday has been upgraded time and time again (minus a few features), that was like the nail in the coffin for my Android phone. At that time I decided to jump ship and get an iPhone. And boy am I glad I did. Started with the 4s then onto the 5c (which contrary to what most people said about it, I actually loved) and now I have an iPhone 6. And like most any major purchase I may be considering, I researched the hell out of it before deciding the iPhone 6 over the 6 plus was just right for me.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No regrets at all. I was using a Note 3 for 3 months on and off prior to the 6 Plus just to get used to the big screen since I knew 5.5" was becoming a reality.

There is a certain fluidity I have with iOS that I could never get using Android. I can't pinpoint anything specific except for what my muscle memory tells me to do in a certain situation while I'm using an iPhone. I can also say that had it only been the iPhone 6 that was released, I could live with just that also. In the times I've used an Android device for a period of time, I just couldn't find a comfort zone.

I also use an Apple TV almost everyday and the way I use it just makes it easier to watch content. Like last night for example; I had 'The Walking Dead' ready on my DVR but I didn't feel like forwarding through commercials each time. So I went online where the episode was posted, played it from safari and AirPlayed to my Apple TV and enjoyed the show commercial free. It was quick and easy. I didn't have to go and download a certain app to beam to my Chromecast from a web browser.

Just the simple things.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
No regrets at all. I was using a Note 3 for 3 months on and off prior to the 6 Plus just to get used to the big screen since I knew 5.5" was becoming a reality.

There is a certain fluidity I have with iOS that I could never get using Android. I can't pinpoint anything specific except for what my muscle memory tells me to do in a certain situation while I'm using an iPhone. I can also say that had it only been the iPhone 6 that was released, I could live with just that also. In the times I've used an Android device for a period of time, I just couldn't find a comfort zone.

I also use an Apple TV almost everyday and the way I use it just makes it easier to watch content. Like last night for example; I had 'The Walking Dead' ready on my DVR but I didn't feel like forwarding through commercials each time. So I went online where the episode was posted, played it from safari and AirPlayed to my Apple TV and enjoyed the show commercial free. It was quick and easy. I didn't have to go and download a certain app to beam to my Chromecast from a web browser.

Just the simple things.

I too have been using a Note 3 on and off for a bit now. I usually have an iphone and some high end android device with me. I do it because I like both OS' for different reason, and to keep thing fresh.

But, no matter how many other phones I use, I ALWAYS have an iphone. And Heisenberg said it best...."Just the simple things." For me, it just works :)

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Coming from the LG G3 the 6 is far superior with no glitches at all. Android has come a long way but they are still not refined enough for me.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the LG G3 the 6 is far superior with no glitches at all. Android has come a long way but they are still not refined enough for me.

Interesting you came from the G3. If I would have chosen an Android this time I would have picked that one. What didn't you like about it?

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Not even 1 regret. iPhone 6 is perfect for ME. Hardest decision was between 6 or 6+ but decided that OIS wasn't that important a difference between the two cameras. Battery life was a huge draw to me but not enough to sacrifice the size which I feel Apple got perfect with the 6.

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
No way!!! Got my beautiful 128GB space gray iPhone 6 today & it's fabulous. My amazing hubby got it for an early birthday surprise. Couldn't be happier!

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Just wait until you see the next Galaxy come out (Should be around February). 16-core, 64 bit cpu which will outperform Apple's CPU dramatically. Fully waterproof down to 15 meters. 4k pixel resolution OLED screen, which is a vastly superior resolution to retnia display (standard HD). Camera is 20 megapixels as opposed to 8. Most importantly iPhone 6 is regulated to 1 gb of RAM. Galaxy 6 will release with 4, however because you can change things in Android, you can off-load the RAM to your SD card so in a nut-shell you can have as much RAM as you want. This means that even though Apple has a 64-bit processor, it's completely wasted as the biggest strength of this technology is to use over 4gb of RAM. In the very near future, the Apps offered on Galaxy will be 100x more vibrant because of the dramatic differences in hardware specifications. iPhone 6 is like a Playstation 2 and Galaxy 6 is like Playstation 4.

There is no specification within the iPhone 6 that is even close to the new Galaxy coming out.

The good news is that iPhone finally has some of the features Android has had for several years now. Maybe someday they'll actually make hardware that is close to what other manufacturers are creating.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just wait until you see the next Galaxy come out (Should be around February). 16-core, 64 bit cpu which will outperform Apple's CPU dramatically. Fully waterproof down to 15 meters. 4k pixel resolution OLED screen, which is a vastly superior resolution to retnia display (standard HD). Camera is 20 megapixels as opposed to 8. There is no specification within the iPhone 6 that is even close to the new Galaxy coming out.

The good news is that iPhone finally has some of the features Android has had for several years now. Maybe someday they'll actually make hardware that is close to what other manufacturers are creating.

Welcome to iMore Derek! I see you like specs. Specs are great aren't they? Granted the iphone 6 and 6+ have been blowing the doors off of the competition (see Galaxy S5, HTC M8, Galaxy Note 4, LG G3) when it comes to speed, graphics, and camera. All the while having a meaaaaaaaaasly little dual core processor, 1 GB Ram, and 8MP camera. Don't believe me? Let google be your friend.

Now, you run along little troll and continue to let the marketing geniuses in the Android world continue to shape your thoughts for you. While we are very appreciative that you took the time to create an account on an Apple-centric forum in order to show your inept comprehension of specs vs real-world use.....there really isn't much more to say on the matter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2