I Left Android For This??!!

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
EDIT: Since the OP made a post when I was replying. This is not iffy Android customer service, this is Apple customer service. Go drop in and they can see you right then or you can make an appointment to see someone.

People here will help you regardless of a sensational thread title; just ask for help.

This. Since your problems are a bit odd I would pop into an Apple store if at all possible. Also their phone support is good!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all for the replies.

Let me clarify. I am in no way considering going back to Android at the moment. Without these issues I am experiencing, the phone would be perfect. The hardware quality is impeccable and the speed/smoothness of the OS is impressive.

I am just disappointed because I was not expecting such issues based on many experiences from Apple users I've talked to. I'm hoping this is just a fluke and perhaps I will take it to the Genius Bar and they will offer some assistance or replacements. Trust me, I am very familiar with the poor customer service of Samsung Galaxy devices when you need any type of assistance.
New OS, new phones. There will be a few glitches. But Apple is good at getting it right with updates asap.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

isen

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
You can't "set up as new" all while saying you've restored with iTunes instead of icloud. Restoring a backup is not setting up as new.

Setting up as new is connecting to iTunes, click "restore iphone", and let iTunes install a fresh copy of 8.0.2. THEN after that you set up as new. Not restoring a backup of any kind.

I learned through trial and error. This ^ is good advice. Makes all the difference. It's the long way around, but it usually works.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
First iPhone here. Longtime android user for years but got fed up with the bugs and instability of the OS. Wife had the 4s for 2 years which served her well. I decided to go for the Apple experience myself. Bought us both 64gb iPhone 6 devices on launch day.

I was impressed at first. However, I'm experiencing a plethora of bugs that I feel are unacceptable for a premium device and reputation that Apple has built.

On both of our devices we experience taking a picture but having it not show up in the camera roll at all after taking frequently.

iMessage picture messages not sending or being received even though it says delivered and iMessage not working on wifi at times.

Wifi hang ups and freezes. Also it prompted my wife's phone for my Apple ID randomly. On my phone it prompted for a random Apple ID.

This has been happening before and after the latest update.

I'm thinking of taking it to the Apple Store but I'm confused. Will they be able to do anything if all of these are software issues? I've already done the reset both devices and set up as new iPhones and restore with iTunes instead of iCloud but it didn't help.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

I have had some slow wifi issues at times, but the other things no. I would say it seems like you have a lemon. When I snap pics, they show up immediately in the photos app. Also haven't had any issues with iMessage either.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As already stated, you might want to restore your device (allowing iTunes to download and install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version for your iPhone and then set it up as new or be patient and wait for the 8.1 update. It is rock solid and what iOS 8 should have been at launch, in my opinion...:)

jc0187

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had some issues as well. Like how the keyboard completely disappears, or that the trash can icon randomly vanishes while trying to delete check marked text messages.

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I believe or hoping will be somewhat bug free when 8.1 comes out. I remember when the n5 first came out with kitkat and whew tons of bugs. Give it time things will get fixed

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You for got the [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags. :)

No way man, I'm being totes serious. Why should 99% of the consumers who got an iPhone enjoy it problem free when the 1% find problems with it. To me, that's a total and complete failure on Apple's part and they should be taken to court and maybe even shut down. Pleasing 100% of the consumers on the planet is the responsibility of the company...we are entitled to be happy all the time...ALL of us, or none of us.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
No way man, I'm being totes serious. Why should 99% of the consumers who got an iPhone enjoy it problem free when the 1% find problems with it. To me, that's a total and complete failure on Apple's part and they should be taken to court and maybe even shut down. Pleasing 100% of the consumers on the planet is the responsibility of the company...we are entitled to be happy all the time...ALL of us, or none of us.

Fair enough.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox