Different Home Button on iPhone 6, what about yours?

steven2014

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Yea I know what your talking about. Mine has play in it and when fully pressed it feels like it crunches down ? Very annoying. Returning it to Apple.

pkacd1981

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I know exactly what the original poster is talking about. I have gone through (yes, I'm nuts) an 6 space grey 64gb, swapped it for a 6 plus grey 64gb, swapped it for a 16 silver 16gb, and finally decided back on the 6 space grey 64gb. It was not until I had the one I have now that I noticed a different type of click with the home button. A little bit of wiggle and a "hollowish" click sound. I spent some time at the Apple store near by testing out the home buttons of all of the iPhones on display (about 30) and a few had this but most did not. I will bring mine in eventually and get a replacement. I've spent nearly 1000$ on this thing, so it most certainly should be problem free. Down the road the button cold end up being a problem. My girlfriend has a 5s and her home button feels solid. Also if i tap on the home button (not fully click it), it makes a sound that a button would make if it was loose. Who knows if it is faulty or just "different"? Either way the quality control is lacking with these 6's and 6 pluses as is evident over the last month or so.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I know exactly what the original poster is talking about. I have gone through (yes, I'm nuts) an 6 space grey 64gb, swapped it for a 6 plus grey 64gb, swapped it for a 16 silver 16gb, and finally decided back on the 6 space grey 64gb. It was not until I had the one I have now that I noticed a different type of click with the home button. A little bit of wiggle and a "hollowish" click sound. I spent some time at the Apple store near by testing out the home buttons of all of the iPhones on display (about 30) and a few had this but most did not. I will bring mine in eventually and get a replacement. I've spent nearly 1000$ on this thing, so it most certainly should be problem free. Down the road the button cold end up being a problem. My girlfriend has a 5s and her home button feels solid. Also if i tap on the home button (not fully click it), it makes a sound that a button would make if it was loose. Who knows if it is faulty or just "different"? Either way the quality control is lacking with these 6's and 6 pluses as is evident over the last month or so.
Switching a 64gb for a 16gb over a home button like that is definitely nuts.
;)

jcapes

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi finn,

I am having the same problem with the home button as you are and am glad to know that it's not just me!! It clicks very slightly when you rest your finger on the home button. I am very ODD about these types of things and wondered if you took yours back to the Apple store and did they give you a replacement? I know it's so small but I think if you pay so much for a Apple product this shouldn't happen. I haven't tried testing other phones and it's also the first one I have had with touch ID. Also don't want to seem like an ***** going into the Apple store about this?? But it shouldn't be there right?? I would really appreciate it if you could get back to me to see how you got on with the same problem. Joe

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
The home button should not have any play, wiggle, crunching, or double clicking going on with it. If yours does, you need to take it to an Apple store to get looked at and replaced if needed for free. It is under warranty now and should be a smooth process. This is the only correct action to take IMO. If you decided to just live with it now (even though it's clearly defective), you'll be SOL if something does decide to get worse after the warranty period is over.

Defects happen, and fortunately Apple is known for their above and beyond customer service in making these things right. That service is built into the high price your paid for your Apple product, might as well take advantage of it. If I paid $650 and up for a device, it better be perfect out of the box, and it sounds like yours is not.

Take it to an Apple store and get it looked at/replaced. Problem solved.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi finn,

I am having the same problem with the home button as you are and am glad to know that it's not just me!! It clicks very slightly when you rest your finger on the home button. I am very ODD about these types of things and wondered if you took yours back to the Apple store and did they give you a replacement? I know it's so small but I think if you pay so much for a Apple product this shouldn't happen. I haven't tried testing other phones and it's also the first one I have had with touch ID. Also don't want to seem like an ***** going into the Apple store about this?? But it shouldn't be there right?? I would really appreciate it if you could get back to me to see how you got on with the same problem. Joe

- No it should not be there.
- Why would you be an **** for wanting to get a defective product fixed/replaced? If you buy a brand new car with a warranty, and the engine starts falling apart right after you get it, are you going to not go get it fixed under warranty because you don't want to be an ***? No, you're going to want to get the new product you paid for fixed. You already paid for that warranty (for both the car and the phone) built into the cost of the product. It exists for you to use it if something goes wrong.

Don't think you have to feel bad for getting a defective product replaced. That's why you have a 1 year warranty built into the purchase of it. You're SUPPOSED to take it back if anything is wrong, Apple expects you to so they can make it right. That's why they get away for charging more than everyone else, because their customer service is better than anyone else. You're being way too self-conscious about this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2